Our Waltham, MA facility has a current opening for a Finance Manager. This position would typically be best suited for a first year Finance Manager, or someone who has up to 2 years experience as a Finance Manager. If you have more years of experience as a Finance Manager, please look for our other positions title Sr. Finance Manager.
This finance leader will have direct exposure to the Laboratory Products Division (LPD) senior leadership team and five business units. This role will partner with senior leadership, Corporate, and Group finance to provide required deliverables. This position reports directly to the LPD Director of FP&A. Key responsibilities include:
- Key business partner to VP of LPD Finance and VP of Human Resources
- Responsible for preparing LPD MBR and QBR reporting packages
- Drive division wide forecasting and business review process for the five LPD business units
- Responsible for modeling foreign exchange, mix impact, and the global profit in inventory elimination
- Manage divisional headcount reporting and provide clear insights into significant drivers
- Responsible for building STRAP and AOP financial models while partnering with the leadership team to ensure alignment throughout the division
- Develop annual operating plan guidance, calendar, defining key deliverable due dates, and establishing review meetings.
- Build relationship and meet Corporate FP&A, LSG Group FP&A, and any LPD division requirements.
- Manage Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP) candidate supporting FP&A processes and coach / mentor to drive continuous improvement reporting and analytics
- Ad hoc analysis and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and/or MBA in Accounting or Finance
- Prior experience in an FP&A Management or Sr. Financial Analyst role
- Minimum of 5 years Financial Analyst experience
- Excellent problem solving skills with attention to detail; ability to step back and analyze the overall business impact
- Willingness to dig into details and analyze variances and trends
- Excellent financial modeling skills
- The successful candidate also has very good overall business skills; he/she does not limit the scope of responsibilities to FP&A, but helps to develop solutions to broad business issues.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and Hyperion Financial Management (HFM)
- Superior quantitative and analytical capabilities with Advanced Excel and Powerpoint skills; Strong financial systems capabilities (HFM, CMR, SAP)
- Must be able to work well under pressure, handling multiple tasks in a complex environment with strong written, oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills, able to manage priorities and workflow
- Ability to travel 10% of time
- The successful candidate is bright, personable, highly ethical, and thrives in a collaborative and changing environment
- He/she has excellent, open, polished, and proactive communication capabilities, identifying and addressing issues via an open, candid dialog
- Outstanding leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Experience in a large, multi-currency, international operating company
- Track record of developing meaningful relationships at all levels within an organization – at both the business unit and divisional level, and can operate effectively in a matrixed reporting structure.
- High level of energy; can bring a passion to excel.
- Able to energize and influence a wide spectrum of people, including senior financial and operational professionals.
- Assertive, yet collaborative in approach.
- Possess a strong set of personal and business values that coincide with those of the 4I’s (Integrity, Intensity, Innovation & Involvement).
- Believes in and demands accountability.
- Ability to thrive and manage in a complex business environment.