When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
What will you do?
- Resolves difficult escalated repairs and advises on hot account resolutions.
- Act as a Thermo Fisher Scientific advocate in all capacities in customer laboratories.
- Effectively communicate competitive information and additional sales opportunities to Field Sales Engineers.
- Provides feedback to factory personnel for product improvements.
- Represents the company in a positive, professional manner in all dealings with Thermo Fisher Scientific customers, both external and internal.
- Receives customer service requests through customers EAMS and LIS Manager.
- Promptly acknowledges receipt, and contacts the customer to schedule services required. Ensures that the schedule meets the customer’s needs and entitlement.
- Communicate schedule of services to Customer Administration and Supervisor on a daily basis.
- Manages workload & customer requirements onsite designated by the manager or lead.
- Seeks assistance from peers when unable to meet the customer’s expectations.
- Close out service activities utilizing administration tools for accurate record keeping, including closing service calls daily upon completion.
- Maintains personal Service inventory of replacement parts. Returns defective material in a timely manner, and orders replacements in accordance with company policy.
- Maintains company assets (car, tools, inventory, laptop computer, etc.) in good and working condition.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
How will you get here?
- High school diploma/equivalent required
- 1-3 years Chromatography troubleshooting experience
- Proven ability to diagnose and resolve problems on sophisticated electronic, mechanical and optical instrumentation in a commercial scientific laboratory environment
- Must demonstrate advanced proficiency in developing people, customer skills, service administrative and business functions
- Must demonstrate competency in installations, relocations, calibrations/qualifications, preventive maintenance and troubleshooting/repair, technical support
- Ability to read, interpret and analyze component layout drawings
- Effective communication skills
- Basic instructional abilities (customer training)
- Ability to prioritize territorial requirements (service calls, installations, and regional needs) and establish realistic schedules to meet requirements.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a group, to accomplish individual and team objectives.
- Independently resolve routine customer satisfaction problems
- Proven/developed leadership ability/credibility
- Customer/business-oriented (satisfaction)
- Detailed understanding of service
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must demonstrate strong administrative skills
- Works on a wide range of products based on territory requirements
- Must be able to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
This position (has not) been approved for Relocation Assistance.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.