· Serve as a customer advocate and ensure quality and usability of our software
· Analyze product requirements and develop manual and automated functional, system and integration tests.
· Creation and execution of Test Automation Frameworks and Test Automation Suites.
· Use identified tools for automating the test efforts of the desktop, API, web, and 3rd party products we build and support.
· Perform static analysis of source code using complexity metrics.
· Assist in creating, reviewing, and determining amount of code coverage of tests written.
· Perform Load and Stress Testing of applications using enterprise level Test Automation tools.
· Assist in implementing and maintaining a Continuous Integration Solution.
· Integrate test suites into the test management system and custom test harnesses.
· Perform in depth SQL Analysis
· Participate in project-wide reviews of requirements, system architecture and detailed design documents.
· Effectively communicate testing activities and findings in oral and written formats.
· Perform and coordinate QA activities such as estimation, test planning, test design, preparation of traceability matrix, test execution, test results analysis and reporting.
· Maintain excellent knowledge base of industry trends and developments.
· Perform other duties as required.
Required Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
· 4 or more years of QA experience of commercial browser based software.
· Significant test automation experience, including implementing test code within a continuous integration and delivery pipeline.
· Significant experience with Selenium and popular test management and automation tools such as JIRA
· Strong knowledge of the following required: web protocols, open source tools for testing; continuous integration and delivery concepts; XML, XSD, Json, SQL Test Automation Frameworks
· Working proficiency in Java
· Experience writing code to test APIs
· Demonstrated understanding of the entire software development life cycle.
· Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills and a commitment to the mission of the institution.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills to present technical information to both business and technology teams with clarity and precision.
- Preferred Qualifications (nice to have)
· Experience with Jmeter/SOAPUI or other test automation frameworks
· Experience working within an Agile development process (Scrum, XP, Kan ban, etc).
Selenium Automation Skills Desired
• Bachelor or Master Degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related field from an accredited university (or foreign equivalent).