When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
This position is primarily based at a customer site in Cambridge, MA, with travel throughout other parts of the Greater Boston area.
How will you make an impact?
Thermo Fisher Scientific is seeking an experienced Service Engineer to conduct preventative, corrective, and qualification maintenance on major industry brands of HPLC instruments and Mass Spec systems. This position is responsible for managing all aspects of field service support including: customer relationship management, service backlogs, inventory, and resolution of customer complaints. Successful candidates will actively promote service offerings and expansion.
What will you do?
- Receives customer service requests for installations, relocations, calibrations, preventive maintenance and basic repairs.
- Promptly acknowledges receipt and contacts the customer to schedule services required.
- Ensures that the schedule meets the customer’s needs.
- Seeks assistance from peers when unable to meet the customer’s expectations.
- Communicate schedule of services on a daily basis.
- Executes plan to help sell service contracts, parts, accessories, consumables, software, upgrades and training to customer base, while working towards the regional revenue goals defined by management.
- Manages workload and customer requirements in the territory designated by the regional manager.
- Represents the company in a positive, professional manner in all dealings with Thermo Fisher Scientific customers, both external and internal.
- Act as a Thermo Fisher Scientific advocate in all capacities in customer laboratories.
- Effectively communicate competitive information and additional sales opportunities to Field Sales.
- Provides feedback to factory personnel for product improvements.
- Reports daily activities in SAP or Customer Support Administration department for accurate record keeping, including closing service calls upon completion.
- Maintains personal Field Service inventory of replacement parts.
- Returns defective material in a timely manner, and orders replacements in accordance with company policy.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Regional Service Manager
How will you get here?
- BS degree in Life Sciences, Electronics or equivalent experience. Background in Chemistry or Biochemistry is highly desired.
- 5+ years Field Service experience or 5+ years relevant Industry experience.
- Proven experience with HPLC and/or Mass Spec systems.
- Certified service experience on leading industry Chromatography and/or Dissolution systems preferred.
- Experience with Waters and/or Agilent instrumentation is highly desirable.
- Proven troubleshooting ability to diagnose and resolve problems on sophisticated electronic, mechanical, and optical instrumentation in a commercial scientific laboratory setting.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Demonstrated experience managing service territory, scheduling, and inventory.
- Must be available to travel overnight up to 20% within the territory or other areas as required.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.