When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
As a Sr. Application Scientist for Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Chemical Analysis Division (CAD), the candidate will be responsible for supporting the pharmaceuticals segments technical initiatives and priorities through key activities that center around facilitation of field-based product demonstrations, product training and product troubleshooting. The individual needs to have a strong technical background focus on molecular spectroscopy and provide technical leadership in the use of our tools.
The Sr Application scientist will be required to gain a deep understanding of the product lines, the markets we serve and how to ensure customers are successful with our products. The candidate will work collaboratively with the sales team to identify clear customer needs and to facilitate the demonstration of technical feasibility for the division’s pharmaceutical industry solutions. Critical to this role is strong connection to our product organization to provide feedback to product development about the evolving needs of our customers and new products to better meet customers’ needs in the markets we serve.
- Support the sales organization in both presales demonstrations and post sales customer support functions to ensure successful customer outcomes.
- Research and Author technical notes, white papers, application notes in collaboration with our marketing teams around industry relevant applications of our tools.
- Role will require maintenance and cataloging of feasibility test reports from customer demonstrations.
- Provide technical leadership to the sales and product management teams for better positioning of our technical solutions in the market.
- Engage with industry thought leaders in the development of new applications of our technology in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Provide technical consultation and support to our product development and marketing teams in support of our customer’s goals and new product developments.
- Attend and present in technical programs on our divisions products at trade shows and exhibitions.
- Maintain good working relationships with our global technical community of applications
- Collaborate with the product support and marketing teams on the development of training tools for customers, distributors. Content will include web based training modules and videos.
- Act as a conduit for VOC exercises for Product Management and Marketing
- Experience scheduling and completing customer or channel partner visits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Engineering or Biochemistry.
- Ten (10) years of work experience in spectroscopy related to pharmaceutical research, sales, or product support roles. Strong preference to experience with handheld spectroscopy tools and markets.
- Five years or greater experience with molecular spectroscopy focused on Raman and NIR.
- Strong knowledge and comfort with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Good working knowledge of chemometrics packages with preference for Eigenvector Solo or PLS toolbox.
- Role requires domestic overnight travel up to 60% and international travel 10%.
- Must be comfortable with and effective in working out of a home-based office environment.
This position does not have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer