The Set-Up Operator's function is to operate, set up and maintain packaging equipment while packaging semi-finished bulk into finished product form. This includes: documentation requirements, cleaning, training, mechanical support, leading projects, support department initiatives while supporting the needs of the Operations group in the area of material coordination, compliance, security and safety.
- Oversee all functions related to the Packaging Lines, including operating and training instructions to new and temporary staff.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Operate equipment, verify component usage.
- Inspect finished product.
- Perform all associated Packaging tasks as required.
- Complete required documentation while meeting compliance requirements.
- Support department initiatives including equipment set-up, teardown and minor troubleshooting.
- Assembly and disassembly of equipment during and after production runs.
- Complete necessary inspections and reconcile material usage including transporting approved materials to and from the Production line.
- Accurately complete batch documents and audit documentation process including batch entries, checks, labour reporting, and downtime.
- Ensure control and handling of labels to meet cGMP guidelines.
- Receive and storage of labels including all related tracking functions.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum High School Diploma.
- 3 to 5 years of related experience.
- Knowledge of department SOPs.
- Mechanical ability.
- Experience in set-up and tear-down of packaging equipment.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Oral and written English and Mathematical skills.
- Ability to work at line speed and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to deal with highly confidential information, disclosure of which could cause serious damage to the Company.
- Familiarity with GMP’s a definite asset.
- WHMIS training.
- Valid fork lift training.