Position Summary: The Tax Analyst is responsible for various aspects of federal, state, and local income and franchise tax compliance and reporting for Thermo Fisher Scientific and its affiliated companies.
Federal, State, and Local Tax Compliance
- Preparation of federal, state, and local corporate tax returns and all work papers necessary to adequately document balances and positions claimed.
- Preparation of extensions, quarterly estimated tax calculations, annual reports and business license renewals for multiple states and local jurisdictions.
- Monitor tax compliance calendar to ensure that all returns, extensions, elections, and other tax filings are submitted timely.
- Respond to notices and correspondence from various tax jurisdictions.
Accounting for Income Taxes
- Assist with preparation of quarterly and year-end income tax provision for the consolidated group of subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Reconciliation of year-end deferred tax balances for various domestic subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Analyze and reconcile various income, franchise, and other tax accounts maintained within accounting ledgers.
- Assist in the preparation and information gathering for IDR responses related to the various Internal Revenue Service examinations.
- Assist with state and local income/franchise tax audits and examinations by preparing IDR responses, reviewing auditor workpapers, and analyzing results of audits and the impact on other affiliates and in future years.
Tax Accounting for Fixed Assets
- Monitor and review fixed asset additions and disposals.
- Generate tax reports for return preparation, income tax accounting, tax forecasts, and estimates.
Other - Maintain regular communication with various business unit and subsidiary controllers/finance personnel to understand direction and activity of the company so as to be able to proactively provide tax consulting and advice as needed.
- BS/BA Accounting
- 3+ Years Tax or Accounting Experience
- Certified Public Accountant (Preferred)
- Equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered