Position: Laboratory Technician
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
The Microbiology Division (MBD) sits within Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Speciality Diagnostic Group. Our customers worldwide trust our microbiology solutions for the diagnosis of infectious disease and detection of bacterial contamination.
The Agglutination Reagents team is responsible for the production and processing of polyclonal antibodies for streptococcal, staphylococcal, and other assigned latex agglutination products which are manufactured at our Dartford site.
Headed by the Agglutination Reagents Manager, the team is split into 3 areas; anti-sera, immune microbiology (IM), and bulk manufacturing. The team is made up of 19 Laboratory Technicians who rotate between the areas to develop knowledge and technical skill.
The Laboratory Technician utilises multiple microbiology, immunology and standard analytical techniques & equipment to produce antibodies for GMP standard immunodiagnostic purposes. The technical manufacturing processes include vaccine production and antibody processing.
- You will work to assess and purify antibodies;
- Working to our standard processes, you will manufacture latex agglutination reagents;
- You will undertake trialling work within the validated processes;
- Collating data on your processes, you will share your findings with your team;
- You ensure quality standards are maintained for all work performed;
- You will be responsible for ensuring that SAP is updated regularly, and for controlling the inventory of stock used;
- You will ensure all equipment used is calibrated according to procedures.
- You are a proactive individual who is able to use your initiative to work efficiently within the team;
- You are highly numerate;
- With excellent attention to detail, you are able to work with high levels of accuracy;
- You have gained relevant laboratory and microbiological skills either through education or experience.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com