Job ID :
Australia - Scoresby
- Primary owner of the Trail Balance for Thermo Gamma-Metrics Pty Ltd.
- Drive the month end close activities to ensure the team is meeting the close KPI’s.
- Prepare Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet Reconciliations to support the Trial Balance.
- General Ledger Maintenance.
- Monitoring of the integrity of the ERP.
- Product Line maintenance for reporting purposes.
- Timely and accurate completion of month end reporting to US Corporate office including additional quarterly and annual reporting. Reporting includes closing of general ledger and loading general ledger into HFM and CMR global reporting systems.
- Weekly sales and SIOP reporting to corporate and global divisions.
- Ad Hoc reporting to corporate and global divisions.
- Monthly Working Capital Reports
- Prepare the Annual Operating Plan (Budget) on Profit and Loss, Working Capital, etc.
- Prepare Forecasts during the course of the fiscal year.
- Analyse Actual results against AOP and reconcile between the two.
- Assist with business and financial modelling as and when required by the Site Leader.
- Monitor projects actual vs plan spending
- Provide regular feedback to the project team on the status of projects against plan
- Play an integral part in the cost estimation process for new opportunities and projects
- Prepare / Review percentage of completion calculations for projects as required by the company accounting policy
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP, IFRS, corporate and local accounting policies.
- Ensure full compliance with SOX and PCI requirements.
- Key point of contact for both external statutory audit and Sarbanes Oxley internal audit primarily for the Australian entity but for other ANZ entities as required.
- Ability to have robust discussion with external and internal auditors.
- In conjunction with the Financial Accounting Manager, actively manage, drive and coordinate all audits.
- Play a key role in the preparation of statutory accounts for Thermo Fisher Scientific entities as required.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance required.
- Fully qualified Professional Chartered Accounting Qualification is desired.
- Proven accounting experience in a Financial Accounting role with Big Four background preferred (4+ years of accounting related experience).
Skills & Attributes
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate to a number of internal and external finance stakeholders, global finance stakeholders and cross-functional/departmental stakeholders.
- Ability to grasp complex ideas quickly and communicate clearly and effectively.
- Must be well organized, be able to prioritise tasks and meet non-negotiable deadlines.
- Ability to work within a fast paced, high volume department
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- High level of attention to detail and the ability to report financial results accurately and in a timely manner.
- Experience with a tier 1 ERP system.
- Hyperion Financial Management and CMR / Essbase experience desirable.
- Strong Excel skills