The Applications Engineer in the Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) and/or Small Dual Beam (SDB) applications team is responsible for providing technical expertise in the support of Thermo Fisher Scientific's APAC efforts at specific customer sites, and at NanoPort at Shanghai.
Specific responsibilities are:
· Perform high quality SEM/SDB product demonstrations, including the development of new techniques and applications for Thermo Fisher partners and customers.
· Conduct customer training and translate customer needs into workable solutions
· Technical product expert assisting with all phases of the sales cycle.
· Cultivating positive customer relationships and acting as a high level customer interface for specific instrument/applications issues, explaining complex technology details, giving in depth technical presentations, and assisting in applications development.
· Customer support and applications training post sales cycle and after instrument has been installed.
· Provide continuous feedback to the product groups on system performance, features, and potential problems while collaborating with marketing/development groups on future product developments.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
· Typically requires MS degree, higher is preferred, in Materials Science, Chemistry and or Physics with strong post academic background demonstrating expertise in critical microscopy application areas
· Knowledge and recent hands-on experience with SEM/SDB is required. Knowledge of advanced
analytical techniques desirable.
· 3 or more years’ experience in a relevant commercial/research establishment with recent experience utilizing SEM/SDB technology.
· Knowledge of advanced technology diagnostics as well as fault finding techniques, operational optimization, and experience of analytical equipment; specifically electron/ion microscopes.
· Excellent, enthusiastic, clear communication skills, both written and verbal, with a diverse audience are critical to the success of this position.
· Excellent customer interfacing skills a must
· Proven ability to interact with cross - functional and cross - cultural teams
· Frequent traveling and ability to travel both domestically internationally, possession of a valid passport.