When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Job Description Summary
- Matches the product order with the available stock units.
- Visually inspects units for paint and construction flaws.
- Visually checks to assure that each component is securely placed in the unit, such as handles, lids, doors, wiring, connections, clamps and other parts properly installed, properly aligned and correct color, style.
- Assures that all paperwork, including the manual and diagrams are attached to the unit and are accurate.
- Types all data plates and affixes to unit, assuring proper voltage and charge are included as well as UL and C.S.A. tag.
- Performs in-process inspections as requested.
- Coordinates and crates final shipments.
- Verifies accessories with orders, and checks packaging of these accessories to assure safe delivery.
- Verifies changes on orders with sales prior to shipment.
- Performs all duties using required safety procedures and equipment according to company policies and practices.
- Run production and quality control forms on copier as needed.
- Enters all shipments in computer and verifies accuracy.
- Checks computer to see if stock units have an order to match it with.
- Orders materials from stock room and sales to enable production employees to finish products.
- Cleans immediate work area
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
Must be familiar with all components of various styles of freezer and refrigeration units and know the requirements of a quality product, following detailed instructions as needed.
Must have basic clerical skills of typing and filing.
Works with engineering, production and sales as required.
Minimum of six months is required to become proficient in most aspects of this job, with prior refrigeration training and/or experience helpful to learn the job.
Ability to lift 30-50lbs
High School diploma or GED is required
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.