Responsible for picking, packing and shipping protein biology products safely, accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced setting.
- Pick, pack and ship dangerous goods/hazmat, temperature sensitive and non-dangerous goods/hazmat products for domestic and international shipments.
- Understand and follow regulations for shipping dangerous goods/hazmat products by ground, sea and air.
- Accurately perform daily cycle count activities.
- Follow Kanban rules
- Apply 5S principles and sustain them
- Follow Standard Work and apply best practices
- Cross train to perform all warehouse functions
- Learn and pass required Dangerous Goods/Hazmat Processing Training
- Identify and participate in continuous improvement initiatives
- Perform and complete annual self-assessments as part of the annual review process
- Work in a team environment
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required
- Requires a minimum of 0-2 years related experience
- Use an RF Scanner/Unit
- Work in multiple tempered environments on a regular basis (-20OC and 4OC)
- Safely handle dry ice
- Intermediate problem-solving ability in a fast-paced environment
- Basic computer skills to interact with Shipping Software and ERP programs
- Operate a forklifts and aerial lifts
- Physical Demands
- Walking/ standing 90% of the time on the floor up to ten hours
- Move and lift up to 30 pounds on a regular basis and 50 pounds on an occasional basis
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.