When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Job Title: Technical Sales Specialist, Molecular Biology
Location: Côte d’Ivoire preferred
Territory: West Africa including, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Gabon, Senegal, Gambia, Cape Verde, Benin, Nigeria
Language: French and English-speaking essential
As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 17 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Responsible for sales and related support activities for Invitrogen, Applied Biosystems and Thermo Scientific Molecular Biology products to specified academic, government or industrial accounts comprising the assigned territory.
- Achievement of assigned territory sales and profit goals within expense budget plan by proactively calling on existing and potential new customers via field visits, email and phone
- Work closely with Account Managers, District Managers and Regional Partners to develop specific account growth strategy, account mapping and penetration
- TSS is highly technical position and requires in-depth knowledge of Molecular Biology workflows and products in the areas of PCR, RT-qPCR, Cloning and NGS library preparation
- Maintain appropriate records and process equipment demos, sample requests per Company guidelines
- Gathers, process, and disseminate competitive intelligence and market feedback
- Refer customer complaints/product quality problems to the appropriate functions as defined by SOP’s
- Provide weekly/monthly and other ad hoc reporting as required
- Participate in trade shows, vendor shows and related activities as deemed necessary
- Prepare and implement a Territory Sales Plan, with focused sales initiatives, to capture market share and to deliver results
- Special Projects as requested
- MSc/PhD in Molecular Biology preferred, with industry/functional experience
- Previous sales experience in life science research industry serving academic, industrial, medical school, hospital, government, biotech and/or biopharmaceutical accounts preferred
- Must have knowledge of key accounts in assigned territory
- Demonstrated ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals
- Demonstrated ability to respond to common enquiries or complaints from customers and trouble shoot technical problems
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Result oriented with high energy and initiative
- Process oriented with attention to details
- Teamwork oriented with collaborative style
- Fluent in English, additional local languages are beneficial
- Must be proficient in using MS office, and experience in using a contact information management system (Siebel and Cognos is a plus)
- Ability to travel extensively within the region
- Clean, valid driver’s license and valid passport is essential
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.