When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Regional Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and executing the Life Science BU. He/She will work closely with Science Sales & Service to drive growth in the assigned territories. This position will be located in Hillsboro,OR
- Meeting and exceeding both Bookings and Revenue annual regional targets.
- Work with BU and sales teams to develop and execute on marketing plans.
- Develops strategic business plans and marketing programs to support sales in the assigned geographies.
- Planning and implementation of projects that support regional marketing campaigns.
- Interacts directly with other marketing and sales personnel to identify new marketing opportunities or provide recommendations for future regional marketing promotions.
- Develop strategic market/product line business plans and marketing programs to support sales in a specific region / geography.
- Provides insights into funding sources & mechanisms to locate influences.
Specific Ownerships and Partnerships include:
- Ownership of the Segment growth strategy for the BU Life Science in a dedicated region
- Own leadership through example, champion successful cross functional and cross divisional communication, collaboration and cooperation in achievement of desired business results.
This position is ideal for an experienced and proven Marketing Manager, able to inspire and motivate in order to support the accelerated growth of the Business Unit Life Science .
- University degree or equivalent, enhanced with degrees in business administration (MBA), Marketing or Nano- technology.
- Typically requires 7-10 years of experience in marketing
- Experience in interacting with highly technical customers and customer groups
- The ability to envision new opportunities and to drive their implementation to achieve continuous business improvement
- Excellent communication ability (both written and verbal) and influencing skills including the ability to communicate complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences is critical to the success in this position
- Successful candidate has a strong drive for results and an ability to work within a diverse, cross-functional team across multiple sites
- Willing and able to travel internationally
- Demonstrated ability to understand technology / research businesses. Prefer knowledge of Nano-technology.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.