When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
In this position, you will join the division communications team responsible for both internal and external communications. This dynamic position develops the digital strategy and tactics for internal and external communications.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Communications, the Digital Communications Specialist will lead internal communications initiatives utilizing the company intranet, email, and internal social media. This position is responsible for the curation of intranet news stories, Division newsletter, and managing the Yammer social media channel. In addition, you will manage all external social media channels including sponsored posts and ads. The position is located at our Material and Structural Analysis Division's headquarters in Hillsboro, Oregon.
- Content management of Materials and Structural Analysis Division(MSD) general intranet pages
- Assist in the integration of legacy intranet content into the new corporate intranet
- Repurpose news releases and significant social posts for internal communications
- Work closely with project managers, copywriters, and designers to implement content that achieves a high level of quality and elevates results across all marketing related initiatives
- Import and refine web content using a CMS system with defined page structures
- Post general interest pieces to division’s internal Yammer feed
- Manage division social media channels through content creation, posting and sponsoring posts. Work closely with business stakeholders on social media strategy for key campaigns and initiatives
- Minor editing of video for use on company intranet, social media, and digital advertising
- Assist in the development of key performance indicator reports for digital advertising and social media utilizing Hootsuite. Provide insight on report results and implement improvements where required.
- Use web-based project management tool to manage deadlines, production of deliverables, and track ongoing project progress
- Bachelor’s in marketing, journalism, communications or related field
- 1-3 years of experience in a marketing related function
- Experienced with social media platforms within a business environment
- Comfortable working with project managers as well as managing individual projects of varying sizes
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with limited instruction and oversight
- Excellent time-management skills and attention to detail with all work and engagements
- Experience working with marketing email platforms (ex. SubscriberMail)
- Web editing and HTML experience
- Comfortable working with colleagues in multiple time-zones and geographies
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.