When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How Will You Make an Impact?
This position plays a key role in providing a range of analytics as part of the North American Commercial Finance Team. Together we'll build a support model to our business partners to help us understand and grow our business.
What will you do?
- Analysis of mid and long-range detailed revenue budgeting and forecasting vs. prior views and sales expectations
- Building and maintaining regular customer and product profitability reviews, work with sites on understanding of cost base and variances
- Development of reporting and analytical tools using Hyperion (Essbase) and Excel to provide insight around key drivers of revenue performance (volume, mix, price)
- Provide financial information and analysis and insights that will support effective business decision making and profitability growth
- Business partnering with site and corporate finance, supply chain, sales and business management teams
- Provide routine reporting as well as ad hoc duties projects
How will you get there?
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related field is required
MBA is a plus
- Minimum of seven years related experience
- Experience within a manufacturing environment
- Strong analysis skills with experience in variance analysis
- Strong financial modeling experience
- Understanding key elements of the sales-to-revenue model as it informs strategic planning.
- Experience with salesforce.com and changepoint for data analysis
- Strong Hyperion (Essbase) and advanced Excel skills
- Excellent presentation skills (PowerPoint)
- Sell motivated, collaborative in approach
This position has not been approved to provide relocation assistance.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.