When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Strategic field based role supporting key commercial activities, promoting the use and value of the TSQ Triple Quadrupole Product portfolio in quantitative bioanalytical, clinical diagnostic, environmental and food safety laboratories. The role will involve the use of new and novel hardware, software and consumables, to deliver customer enabling routine workflow solutions on a global basis.
- Schedule and coordinate face to face technical interactions with customers, aligned with commercial teams.
- Lead technical product specification, application and protocol optimization discussions with clients and prospects for the LCMS Triple Quadrupole Product Line
- Assist commercial teams in identifying customer opportunities, needs, determine technical feasibility of custom analytical requests and analytical/process optimization opportunities in consultation with the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry (CMD) Commercial Team. Facilitate high level demonstrations, in collaboration with support teams
- Serve as the primary field-based technical interface to potential and existing CMD customers
- Provide troubleshooting on issues that arise related to end-User’s technical skills, chromatography selection, experiment design and results of the analytical optimization process
- Leverage your advanced and continually expanding knowledge of our Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry products & services to provide effective recommendations to the customer on analytical workflows.
- Facilitate efficient communication between the customer, Commercial Teams, Technical Support and the Business Unit.
- Participate in training programs for Commercial teams, support teams & TMO staff and seminars to external customers to increase customer awareness of the TSQ triple quadrupole product line.
- Collaborate with R&D and provide recommendations on how products can be improved, and also inform product management of new technologies that could complement our existing range from the perspective of identified customer needs
- Drive and maintain awareness of competitor activities and innovations within our accounts, and the marketplace generally, ensuring that relevant information is circulated within our organization in an effective and timely manner.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with Thermo Fisher Scientific policies and applicable laws.
- Represent Thermo Fisher Scientific by clearly and consistently communicating Thermo Fisher Scientific mission, vision, values and objectives to both our employees and end-user customers.
- Drive collaborations, with clearly defined sales and/or collateral targets
- MS or Ph.D. in Chemistry or a Bioscience or equivalent education plus work experience
- 5+ years of hands-on LCMS experience.
- A strong understanding of bio-analytical and bio-equivalence LCMS quantitation. A strong understanding of biological sample preparation for LC/MS analysis is required.
- Experience with a broad range of quantitative LCMS instrumentation.
- Requires excellent communication skills including verbal, written and presentation.
- Strong project and time management skills required.
- Must be willing and able to travel (up to 50%).
- Knowledge of basic chemistry principles.
- Knowledge of liquid chromatography and Mass Spectrometry principles and instruments.
- Knowledge of protein/peptide quantitative and qualitative workflows and associated informatics.
- Ability to summarize and present experimental results and have excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Possess analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
- Demonstrate Role Model Leader characteristics
- Embody the 4-I values
- Delight customers
- Communicate openly and honestly
- Focus on growth
- Champion employee development
- MS education in mass spectrometry or related area (Ph.D. preferred).
- Experience working in cooperation with marketing and sales professionals is a plus.
- Previous experience on Thermo Scientific MS instrumentation preferred.
- Track record in achieving or exceeding commercial management objectives on a consistent basis.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills (English).
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applications will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, including the use of this website, please contact us at:
EMAIL: HR1@thermofisher.com OR PHONE: 1-855-471-2255 (Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned). One of our staff members will work with you to provide alternate means to submit your application.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA); Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO); and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).