When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
Based remotely in Boston, MA with coverage including Carlsbad, CA & Washington, DC
What will you do?
- Plans and performs product demonstrations at customer sites
- Prepares and presents seminars to wide array of audiences
- Participates in the field test site determination and/or execution process
- Represents Cell Biology division of Thermo Fisher Scientific at conferences and vendor shows to present products and customer application feedback
- Work with (and independently) Technical Specialists and/or Sales Representatives on sales calls in customers' laboratories to provide technical and applications assistance in response to customer inquiries
- Supports conditional sales placements in the field through on-site visits and telephone communication
- Generate and record opportunities related to the Thermo Fisher workflow
- Demonstrates basic operating and troubleshooting procedures for Thermo Fisher (instruments: e.g. qPCR, Flow cytometry and high content imaging) workflow
- Provides troubleshooting support to customers in the field or by phone/email
- Resolves and/or escalates customer issues & complaints
- Actively partners on joint calls in customers' laboratories to provide technical and applications assistance in response to customer inquiries or escalations (e.g. genetic analysis and high content imaging)
- Provides start-up applications training to customers in their laboratories
- Coordinates cross-functional engagements for significant situations that require unique and/or urgent response from customer facing team members
- Plans and delivers user meetings in house or in the field
- Provides consultative support to existing and experienced customers
- Provides and continuously update customer contact relevant information. Track, record and document relevant information from all technical inquires from customers
Other Roles & Responsibilities
- Reports on activities in the field on a regular basis to Manager through written reports and regular telephone conversations.
- Reports on technical trends by relating customer concerns and issues to the appropriate internal partners.
- Provides reports to product management and marketing on new applications, claims and expansion of product capabilities
- Stays current on scientific and industry trends and innovations.
- Leads inter-departmental projects
- Helps mentor team members and new hire education
- Accountable for managing expenses, scheduling and tracking activities.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
How will you get here?
Requires a BA or BS in Biology, Cell Biology, BioChemistry or related scientific field
PhD strongly preferred
- Requires 5+ years of related work with protein expression systems
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of laboratory or related work experience
- Experience with suspension cell culture and/or insect cell culture systems
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Visibility to biologic developmentas, structural biology or study of membrane proteins
- Fluent English (oral and written)
- Familiarity with gene to protein workflow
- Demonstrates clear and concise communications and is capable of interacting with a diverse population of internal and external contacts
- Ability to partner effectively as part of a team to solve problems, negotiate solutions and arrive at a consensus
- Is customer-centric and keenly aware of markets, trends and competitors
- 1+ year of working with Cellomics and Applied Biosystems brands instruments preferred
- Experience in a customer-facing role and/or providing technical and scientific presentations to a variety of audiences is strongly preferred
- Experience in drug discovery application/stem cell/primary cell applications
- Aptitude for cell based characterization trends and tool
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com