Contribute improvement ideas & suggestions to help continue the success of the plant. Will be responsible for design development and installation of Facilities related projects including: project team coordination/leader design development, budget, scheduling, purchasing, installation startup, and final turnover to project team. Responsible for start-up and commissioning equipment related to the facilities department. Manage on site contractors both mechanical and electrical. Provide continual training to contractors and site personnel. Help optimize building automation system for energy conservation. Plan preventive maintenance task, and utilize other predictive equipment like oil analysis, vibe analysis to better predict maintenance on equipment. Responsible for the ongoing activities of the maintenance department to include: identification of equipment problems and resolutions (autoclaves, pumps and compressors, cooling towers). Coordinate work effort with suppliers/contractors to ensure quality technology, equipment and services are in compliance with site standards and meet budget requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
- Help Facilities maintain & troubleshoot all production equipment associated within the department to prevent and/or correct mechanical & electrical breakdowns following strict product safety & quality standards.
- Coordinate Water Treatment Program. Work with vendor to determine proper chemical treatment of boilers, cooling towers and closed loop system
- Operation of vibration monitoring equipment and interpret data collected and coordinate with facility personnel any repairs needed.
- Run reports in SAP to determine rate of breakdowns and causes. Determine which orders need to be forward to QA for review.
- Support high performance culture and continuous improvement programs through active participation in plant productivity programs
- Comply and actively participate in all safety and environmental policies, procedures and programs
- Project design development and installation of Facilities related projects including: project team coordination/leader design development, budget, scheduling, purchasing, installation startup, and final turnover to project team.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associate's degree minimally required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional (CMRP) program preferred
- At least 10 years of experience in a maintenance/engineering environment, preferably in a cGMP manufacturing environment
- Experience with Equipment Reliability and Manufacturing Process Reliability
- Background in SAP or other CMMS system
- Expertise with Vibration Monitoring strongly preferred
- Must have a working knowledge of electrical installation & construction, AC/DC motor drives, gearboxes, hydraulics & pneumatics systems
- Must have knowledge or technical skill in troubleshooting, basic PLC skills, machining, welding tasks, high pressure gases
- Experience with Instrumentation, troubleshooting, repair and calibration
- Must have knowledge of and be willing and able to train in Maintenance Systems (SAP), computer skills, lubricants & lubricating systems, & new technologies in predictive maintenance
- Must have the ability and initiative to lead and participate in plant problem-solving teams and apply problem-solving techniques
- Experience with Windows based PCs: Microsoft Software Suite, SAP, Access, Word, and Excel
- Ability to function in a rapidly changing environment and balance multiple priorities simultaneously.
- A physically able individual is required who can spend time on the floor during activity execution (maintenance, construction, commissioning and qualification).
- Ability to lift 25+ lbs.
Note: This job description is not all-inclusive. Additional duties may be performed, as assigned. It acts as a guideline and is subject to change over time.