Job Title: Sourcing intern
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The sourcing intern is responsible for spend and market analysis, developing sourcing strategy, and managing projects for Biologicals category.
- Conduct spend analysis, establish trend and identify opportunities for cost savings
- Conduct detailed market/vendor research.
- Participate in negotiations (both commercial and contractual)
- Participate in supplier performance management.
- Lead sourcing projects and influence peers.
- Assist in the development of category strategy to deliver performance in: cost reductions, supplier rationalization, spend under master agreement, supplier performance, supply chain risk management and new product introductions.
- Works with Divisions, BU’s and Sites to implement sourcing strategies.
- Work as the primary contact for selected suppliers.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree or equivalent (preferably in Science or Business field).
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, collaboration, analytical, and project management skills.