Job Title: Sales Representative, Chromatography Consumables
Job family: Sales (consumables)
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager, France / Spain
Number of direct reports: 0
Track : Professional
Location: Home office
Work area: As defined by territory, Spain/Portugal
The sales representative is responsible for selling chromatography consumable products for the Chromatography Consumables business within Chromatography & Mass Spectrometry Division. You will visit customer sites, attend trade shows and local discussion group meetings. This position will focus on exceeding sales quota for the full product portfolio within the assigned territory for sell and negotiating contracts to close orders with end user customers, key decision makers, and purchasing departments. You will need to collaborate with telesales reps, channel distribution partners, application specialists, chromatography and mass spectrometry instrument sales teams, and other inter-company synergistic individuals. The position may require overnight travel at times up to 50%
- Direct Sales Responsibilities
- Calling on customers at their facilities in the defined territory.
- Develop and implement account specific strategies to develop new customers and opportunities, and secure sales growth consistent with corporate / divisional goals
- Achieve / exceed monthly and yearly sales goals within assigned territory as outlined by the manager.
- Identify, develop and close sales opportunities
- Follow-up on all sales leads for given territory with 100% compliance of CRM entries
- Ability to use sales tools, develop detailed business plans, organize and accurately forecast territory results, provide market intelligence, implement value selling and meeting sales objections
- Sells new products by establishing key customer relationships and understanding customer application needs
- Maintain and continue to develop superior technical knowledge of our products and customer applications
- Train and motivate channel/distribution sales reps to optimize achievement of sales goals
- Marketing Duties
- Participate in vendor shows, seminars, trade shows, and trade organization meetings.
- Participate in product training and sales meetings.
- Work with MarCom to assist in development of frequent mailing programs to customers.
- Must have working knowledge of Chromatography (GC, HPLC, or Mass Spectrometry)
- Minimum two years of selling experience strongly preferred
- Spanish mandatory and English language skills required
- Experience in managing independent selling or distribution channels a definite plus
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Ability to be flexible and open minded.
- Good communication and presentation skills (written & verbal).
- Ability and passion for working within and drive the success of team and cross functional sales opportunities
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Higher Education Degree (B.S., M.S., Ph.D.) from an accredited institution in Chemistry or related field required
- Individuals should have prior experience developing and executing sales plans and have knowledge and experience of managing an extensive sales territory, covering multiple countries in a pan-European geography.
- Successful track record of managing complex channel relationships, develop long-term customer relationship, and drive account expansion
- Sales experience in chromatography consumables
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.