About Thermo Fisher Scientific:
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
· Contribute and confirm to DTO adopted software development standards.
· Focus on quality and continuous improvement to application and processes.
· Participate in production deployment and provide assistance to production support group when needed.
· Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
· Highly comfortable with HTML, CSS, and SVG and keep up on developments in Web APIs (service workers, native promises, etc).
· Good understanding of Resful API design.
· Must possess problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
· Be performance driven, and be able to work multiple projects simultaneously if needed.
· Be highly motivated to adopt new technologies, challenges and work in a fast paced environment.
· Excellent team player with strong verbal & written communication skills.
· Exposure in AWS and/or Java would be a plus.
· Exposure to Agile methodology would be nice to have.
· Experience working with GIT, JIRA, and Confluence would be nice to have.