“What I do at Thermo Fisher Scientific extends outward—to my coworkers, to the scientific
community and to people around the world who benefit from our innovative thinking and
-Thermo Fisher Scientific Employee
Global Transportation Standardization:
- Global Routing Instructions: Interface with regional leaders to collect and build the interactive routing instruction tool.
- Coordinate enhancements to the routing tool dashboard to incorporate any regional changes.
- Attend weekly scheduled regional project update conference calls.
- Master Freight Forwarder SOP: Site addendums
- Interface with the corporate transportation team to collect and organize the specific shipping lane carrier commitments to support the master SOP.
- As these projects have multiple phases it will be imperative to document the milestones and any work in progress to allow for a smooth hand-off.
Air to Ocean Mode Conversion (Project Atlantis):
- Coordinate the booking of Ocean shipments driven by the air to ocean mode conversion.
- Learn the caveats and safeguards to cold chain shipping.
- Calculate cost differential between air and ocean door to destination port.
- Current student status in a Bachelor degree in business, supply chain, and or environmental health and Science degree program.
- Microsoft Office Applications: EXCEL, Power Point, WORD, etc.
- Communication – Strong verbal and written communication skills for effective interpersonal interactions and to influence the organization to pursue initiatives and proposals. Good writing and documentation skills for preparing standard operating procedures and work instructions.
- Leadership – Ability to lead the regional teams to the necessary tasks, as a support function, and insure projects keep moving forward.
- Organization - Strong organizational skills with superior analytical capability.
- Team Player - Must be a flexible team player capable of carrying multiple projects simultaneously and wearing many different hats depending on the situation and circumstances.
- Must be flexible to work occasional off-shift and the ability to travel occasionally.