Job Title: Sr. Marcom Specialist
Location: Sunnyvale, CA or Remote, USA
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Senior Marketing Communications (MarCom) Specialist is responsible for developing, executing and optimizing plans and content for products/solutions and initiatives which optimize a promotional mix across advertising, publicity, tradeshows, sales tools, webinars, collateral, direct marketing, and electronic marketing to deliver campaign results across multiple geographies.
This position involves working with the marketing managers to develop and implement effective promotional plans for products/solutions, including measuring the effectiveness of implemented programs, as well as active participation in project teams that address how to message our offering in direct alignment with the way customers and prospects work. The Senior MarCom Specialist will provide communications expertise, participate in the Marketing Communications annual planning process, and will be responsible for closely managing project budgets and ROI in alignment with strategic goals and priorities. They will also partner with cross functional services and teams (social media, digital marketing, Design Center, 3rd party agencies) to plan and create customer facing content at vertical and product levels from traditional to digital deliverables.
- Develop and implement marketing communications plans, including content development plans, for assigned vertical/product lines and projects, working closely with the MarCom Manager to review plans. Includes working with Product and Marketing Managers and communication (social, digital, design) teams to develop effective plans that are integrated as appropriate into the MarCom budget and campaign plans. Manage those plans throughout the year to ensure projects are initiated and completed on target.
- Partner with marketing to drive effective value propositions, and outbound messaging
- Write clear, crisp, benefit-oriented creative briefs that summarize and filter information
- Coordinate with other groups within CMD (and outside division) as appropriate, so resulting promotions present Thermo Scientific CMD brand across product categories.
- Develop product, vertical market, capability and solution-specific MarCom programs, including sales collateral, case studies, advertisements, mailers, product announcements, webinars, press releases, technical web content, etc. in a timely manner. Also includes working with Product and Marketing Managers to facilitate development of appropriate sales tools.
- Partner with analytics team to evaluate and report effectiveness of campaigns on the necessary cadence to track program success in terms of contact list building, nurturing and qualified leads.
- Knowledge of systems and tools for effective project management such as Quickbase and SmartSheet
- Forecast and manage budget and timelines at the deliverable level.
- Partner with Regional MarCom groups for seamless transition of field marketing activities to align with global campaigns
- Exceptional copy writing and editing skills, with the ability to work across media, from print to digital
- Ensure that content is reviewed and taken through proper Regulatory and Legal approvals
- Manage vendors and contractors as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree required; Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years marketing communications experience in life science marketing, marketing or marketing agency preferred.
- Promotional copywriting experience
- Experience in drafting and leading creative briefs
- Experience in managing or facilitating the creative process (concept to execution)
- Experience representing creative work to stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to meet project deadlines in a timely manner
- Planning - demonstrated project planning skills
- High level of intensity and comfort level with change
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Travel up to 20%, domestic or international
- Digital marketing experience
- Experience with capital equipment preferred
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com