Job Title: Associate Regional Market Development Manager – Carlsbad, CA
Req ID: 63244BR
Group: Life Sciences Solutions Group (LSG)
Division/Business Unit: BioScience / Marketing
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
The Associate Regional Market Development Manager (RMD) for Bioscience is a member of the North American Market Development team responsible for implementation of the Go-to-Market strategy and demand generation for the North American Region Bioscience consumables market. S/he will help manage the development and execution of channel optimization marketing plans to support the Bioscience sales force that sells the Biosciences portfolio in a dynamic market environment.
How will you make an impact?
The successful candidate will be results oriented and will coordinate closely with the Bioscience Global Market Development team, Corporate Marketing, and Marketing Operations, to develop and execute integrated marketing programs designed to help achieve North American sales, marketing, and revenue goals.
The successful candidate will coordinate with internal and outside vendors in order to facilitate the conversion of marketing ideas and messages into effective marketing programs leading to revenue, improved customer intimacy, and growth in a dynamic environment.
This is a high visibility position as an individual contributor, and the successful candidate should be able to scale to the goals of tactical marketing for a large business and be productive and additive to the vision of the leaders of the North American Commercial Operations and the Bioscience business within 120 days.
What will you do?
- Participate in cross-functional teams as an individual contributor to develop tactical action plans that drive growth in key channels and customer segments
- Achieve financial and market goals for designated portfolio. Perform and present analyses & routine reporting around business performance and metrics
- Develops messaging & tools that communicate the value/brand directly to customers through ~10 different channels, including sales force, digital marketing, and trade shows
How will you get here?
Preferred: Masters/PhD in a life science area and/or MBA in marketing or business
- An understanding of product marketing functions, planning and strategy, and knowledge of life science research markets and competitors.
- History of working on problems of routine to diverse scope, influencing at a senior level without direct authority, and identifying problems, answering questions, and gaining cooperation of others to implement efficient solutions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to provide functional area guidance to the broader team
- Provide regularly oral and written communication of metrics, successes, failures, best practices etc to improve the overall operating efficiency of the team
- Marketing professional who participates and take a proactive approach in working through various levels of operating mechanisms to include internal and external partners in order to achieve the goals of the company, customer, and colleagues
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com