Job Title: Senior Market Development Manager – Carlsbad, CA
Req ID: 63245BR
Group: Life Sciences Solutions Group (LSG)
Division/Business Unit: Bioscience / Marketing
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
The Senior Market Development Manager (SMD) for Bioscience is a member of the North American Market Development team responsible for implementation of the Go-to-Market strategy and demand generation for the North American Region Bioscience consumables market. S/he will lead the development and execution of channel optimization marketing plans to support the Bioscience sales force that sells the Biosciences portfolio in a dynamic market environment.
How will you make an impact?
The successful candidate will be a proven, results oriented leader who will coordinate closely with the Bioscience Global Market Development team, Corporate Marketing, Marketing Operations, and Executive Management to lead, develop and execute integrated marketing programs designed to help achieve North American sales, marketing, and revenue goals.
The successful candidate will act as project leader and liaison to internal and outside vendors in order to facilitate the conversion of marketing ideas and messages into effective marketing programs leading to revenue, improved customer intimacy, and growth in a dynamic environment.
This is a high visibility position as an individual contributor, and the successful candidate should be able to scale to the goals of tactical marketing for a large business and be productive and additive to the vision of the leaders of the North American Commercial Operations and the Bioscience business within 120 days.
What will you do?
- Leads cross-functional teams as an individual contributor to develop tactical action plans that drive growth in key channels and customer segments
- Achieves financial and market goals for designated portfolio. Performs and presents detailed analysis & routine reporting around business performance and segmentation
- Develops messaging & tools that communicate the value/brand directly to customers through ~10 different channels, including sales force, digital marketing, and trade shows
How will you get here?
Required: Bachelor’s degree in molecular and/or cell biology or related discipline with 4+ years experience in a marketing role
- Thorough functional understanding of corporate and product marketing functions, planning and strategy, and in-depth knowledge of life science research markets with knowledge of competitors.
- Proven history of working on problems of routine to diverse scope, influencing at a senior level without direct authority, and identifying problems, answering questions, and gaining cooperation of others to implement efficient solutions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to lead and provide functional area guidance and expertise to the broader team
- Provide regularly oral and written communication of metrics, successes, failures, best practices etc to improve the overall operating efficiency of the team
- Peer group leader who participate consistently and take a proactive approach in working through various levels of operating mechanisms to include internal and external partners in order to achieve goals of the company, customer, and colleagues
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com