The Sr. Automation Engineer is responsible for supporting the manufacturing Operational Technology (OT) infrastructure and the site’s automation applications used at the St. Louis GMP facility. The role is responsible for supporting the reliable operation of manufacturing networks, servers, databases and automation applications within a GMP environment on a 24/7 basis.
The right individual will support projects associated with new and existing process installations, including but not limited to design, start-up, commissioning, and mechanical/electrical installation.
- Maintains and monitors manufacturing infrastructure and system in adherence to corporate and site policies.
- Maintains compliance for software and hardware licensing.
- Maintains Active Directory and related network systems.
- Develops and implements solutions to improve manufacturing operation, such as establishing trust between manufacturing networks. (security, NTP sync)
- Identifies and integrates varied data sources to improve manufacturing visibility.
- Installs and maintains network switches, firewalls, server, storage and backup/restore processes.
- Develops system monitoring tools for proactive monitoring and alerting of core responsibilities
- Identifies, isolates and corrects network equipment problems
- Supports major capital project review.
- Understands process equipment control systems, programming and how to implement control systems in a GMP environment.
- Leads site automation/controls project planning and maintenance.
- Performs configuration and defines parameters for installation and testing of LAN/WAN, routers, switches, and other related server and networking equipment
- Performs configuration, maintenance and testing support for VMware and Windows Servers
- Prepares equipment procurement specifications standards and guidelines for network implementation
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences or related field; can consider an Associate's degree with more years of experience
- 5+ years of experience as a support specialist of infrastructure including desktop, server, networking, and telecommunications equipment in an enterprise environment
- Cisco switch and firewall experience required
- Windows Server 2000 - 2008 experience required; 2012 and above preferred.
- VM-Ware ESXi or more recent experience preferred
- Experience in leading the deployment and maintenance of an IT infrastructure system to support manufacturing automation systems highly desirable.
- The individual selected for this role must be a logical problem solver and work responsively servicing the users on site.
- The ideal candidate will have both strong interpersonal skills and technical expertise with the ability to make logical decisions after assessing technical situations
- Schedule would typically be 7a - 4p, Monday - Friday, with rotating on-call every 6 weeks supporting off-hours and weekends.