Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $20 billion and 65,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
LifeTec Austria, located at Dresdner Straße 89, 1220 Vienna, is a 100% subsidiary of Thermo Fisher Scientific. At our site we employ appr. 100 employees, offering a broad spectrum of sales and services such as the Bioscience Division (BIS). The product range of BIS goes from antibodies to immunoassays.
We are currently recruiting for a field based Technical Sales Specialist (TSS) to grow the flow cytometry & immunoassays consumables portfolio. In your role you will also be the primary driver of business development at assigned major customer call points to penetrate and grow current and new business. Further on, you will be recognized as a technical leader within the sales force that drives strategic objectives and adoption of innovative products.
As a TSS you are responsible for sell of the product portfolio in an assigned geography in accordance with approved sales and marketing plans. The position will comprehend and utilize product features, benefits and applications accompanied with selling and business building skills to successfully promote and consummate the sale of company products and services to achieve or exceed the assigned territory sales plan.
Technical Sales Specialist Austria, Flow Cytometry, Antibodies and Immunoassays
- Drive sales activities to close opportunities to meet or exceed revenue goals consistently
- Demonstrate clear product expertise to confidently serve as the field-based expert
- Visit all customer levels and functional areas
- Work as a member the of Flow Cytometry and Immunoassay sales team for lead generation and closing opportunities
- Engage with our distribution channel partners to train on the portfolio, generate leads and close opportunities
- Develop presentations and customer proposals including structuring appropriate pricing and contract milestones
- Prospect for new opportunities to successfully develop leads and sell assigned portfolio of products and services
- Set-up and coordinate technical product presentations
- Communicates effectively, and is the ‘connector’ within the large matrix between customer and all other internal groups to develop business
- Maintain and increase current customer database through CRM software
- Field travel as necessary (60% or more)
- Utilize proven organizational skills
- Provide comprehensive information on all activities to Sales Representatives and District Managers in supported territories
- Participate consistently and play an active positive role on regional calls
- Provide regularly oral and written communication of successes, failures, best practices etc to improve the overall operating efficiency of the team
- Contact and return calls to research scientists and management contacts at all accounts for sales presentations through digital and personal visits
Experience & Technical Requirements:
- Requires a minimum Master’s Degree in Cell or Molecular Biology, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and industry experience
- Technical skills and experience in Flow Cytometry and Immunoassays required
- Ability to navigate accounts in broad geography effectively and advance the capital equipment sales process consistently
- High motivation and energy level to develop new business
- Fluency in German and English required
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other legally protected status.