Cybersecurity Project Management Intern
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. And you’ll have the opportunity for continual growth and learning in a culture that empowers your development. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $20 billion, we have approximately 65,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications.
Summary of Internship
The Cybersecurity Project Manager Intern has responsibility in leading a security project(s) as assigned by the Corporate Information Security (CIS) Program Manager. The project manager will be expected to drive results working with security architects and engineers in one of the corporation’s highest profile initiatives: Cyber Security.
- Develop project charter(s)
- Assist Security Architects and Engineers in ensuring that project milestones and targets are met by actively managing projects on a day to day basis through appropriate resource, issue, and risk management.
- Help track accomplishments to show return on investment provided by the Corporate Information Security program such as risk reduction, regulatory compliance, data/system protection, identification of threats, and/or productivity gains
- Create presentations for program manager on success of projects and CIS Program initiatives, as well as escalate, explain, and most importantly offer solutions when risks/issues to projects are causing failure or inability to complete on time or budget.
- Demonstrate ability to become proficient in project management and project support
- Become a valued team member
- Basic/Intermediate Project Management knowledge
- Basic/Intermediate security knowledge
- Strong communication & problem-solving skills
- Business, Project Management, Computer science or computer security related undergraduate degree
- Any level of undergraduate or graduate degree experience
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.