Job Title: Director, Supply Chain Management, South Korea
Location : Gangnam gu, Seoul
Requisition ID: 63671 BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
As a director of Supply Chain Management (SCM) supports in development and ensures communication/implementation of global and regional SCM strategies to maximize SCM efficiency. Lead internal stakeholder management in the country and across Groups, Divisions and other Functions. Ensure compliance and implementation of SCM activities and initiatives in the country.
- Overall – Lead Korea Supply Chain function and improve its capabilities as a pivotal enabler to support Thermo Fisher Korea business growth and leverage region and global respective stakeholders & toolkits as well to help it.
- Scope -
- Business related- Lead demand planning, Inventory planning, domestic and overseas purchasing, Trade compliance, warehousing, Transportation up to customer sites and indirect procurements and ensures Korea business delivers its own annual business targets in areas of not only market growth also all supply chain KPIs like productivity, saving, DOS etc
- People related – Lead and develop more than 60 employees working for Korea supply Chain function, ensures that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides and then motivates and develops direct and indirect subordinates within Thermo Fisher policies and guidelines. Responsible for coordinating SCM talent management and succession planning within the country
- Korea Leadership – As one of KLT(Korea Leadership Team), it is required to think strategically and contribute to market growth and making good place to work by influencing on others cross functions
- Internal/External stakeholder management- It is required to manage internal/external stakeholders successfully to make all satisfied when confronting any sort of conflict and uncertainty of ownership and represent Korea supply chain stance clearly.
- Supply Chain Business planning – Every Annual Operation Planning session, all relevant business plan for new year including incremental HCs and budget should be justified and submitted in time to manage the smooth supply chain business. The size of budget is circa $ 4.5 mn and new supply Chain KPI should be reviewed and set up newly as of a part of new year supply chain business plan.
- Leadership on excellence – Analyzes problems to identify best solutions and triggers Continuous improvements leveraging PPI Business. Identifies, documents, and communicates best practices through the use of benchmarking within the company & externally.
- Bachelor’s degree business, Engineering, supply chain or a related field. Master of Business Administration (MBA) or other advanced degree preferred.
- 15+ years of experience in supply chain management roles, specifically Distribution, Sourcing and Planning, 3+ years of people managing experience at a senior management level and being a member of a leadership group. Experience in Chemicals SCM and Cold Chain an advantage, but not essential
- Demonstrated track record in shifting business performance from a low to a high sustainable performance, in tough circumstances
- Strong PPI, Lean and or Six Sigma working experience with demonstrated achievement of continuous improvement through utilization of Lean tools
- Experience working within an environment focused on a sustained high performance expectations and tight lean budget structure
- Preferred understanding of the industry sector, Korean market and its key trends and potential opportunities and challenges
- Experience in working in a global and matrix organization
- Fluent in both Korean and English
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Demonstrates visible role model leadership characteristics.
Key competencies of this position:
- SCM Competencies – Distribution/Planning/Procurement
- Leadership Competencies – Results/Strategic Orientation, Change Leadership, Personal Leadership as well
- Flexible in being able to effectively operate in a Matrix organization with many stakeholders
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.