As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 20 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
In Finland we have over 800 employees in Vantaa and Joensuu. We employ experts in several different functions such as production, instrument and reagent manufacturing, R&D, marketing, sales, quality, support functions and supply chain. We hire experts in different engineering fields, chemistry, microbiology and bioinformatics. Vantaa site is located close to the Vantaankoski railway station.
Our extensive range of products developed and manufactured in Finland includes pipettes, microplate instruments, magnetic particle processing systems as well as clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers, laboratory automation solutions and food safety kits.
Please find more information on www.thermofisher.com
Key Account Manager
The Key Account Manager is responsible for developing and managing account relationships with existing strategic customers. This includes but is not limited to providing pricing, working on contracts, managing overall communications with customer and conducting business reviews. The candidate shall lead internal cross functional team meetings to accomplish goals and commitments made to the strategic customers and communicate status and issues to customer regularly. This role is considered a key member of the business development management team and must have the vision, drive, and interpersonal skills to succeed in a rapid growth environment. The candidate will be “hands on” account management professional operating with a sense of ownership.
- Evaluate customer requests and respond to customers in a timely manner. This includes being the key point of contact for new business and ongoing project discussions, pricing and volume discussions, issue resolving and support functions.
- Identify areas of growth with key customer accounts.
- Schedule and coordinate internal cross functional team meetings with project teams to monitor progress.
- Frequent communication to senior leadership team regarding strategic account support status.
- Monitor existing customer contracts and understand contractual obligations and commitments.
- Assist in the negotiation process and close new and renewal business.
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of business/technical/capability presentations.
- Schedule and coordinate quarterly business reviews with key customer accounts. Monitor established performance metrics and scorecard reports.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
Experience and Qualifications:
- B.S. Degree in Scientific Field required with MBA preferred or Professional certifications with management in a Diagnostic or related industry.
- 8-10 years’ experience in IVD Industry desired
The ideal candidate will display the following experience:
- Strong project management skills are essential. Must be able to lead and/or influence others without direct authority.
- Advanced level skills in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc.)
- Excellent relationship building and persuasion skills with the ability to motivate and influence others.
- Ability to quickly evaluate situations and take direct appropriate actions to resolve issues.
- Detail oriented and assertive self-starter who can operate effectively in a constantly changing environment.
- Well-developed written skills to prepare monthly reports and reviews, as well as preparing presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Experience drafting and negotiating various types of contracts.
- Good organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills: well developed verbal skills to successfully communicate to a variety of internal and external audiences, while counseling, negotiating and formally presenting views and/or technical criteria.
We look forward to receiving your application, including a cover letter, CV and salary suggestions.
Please apply no later than 18th of March. Please apply via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/, 63382BR.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.