When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The manufacturing team at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Framingham) is responsible for manufacturing and testing Performance Optimized Polymers and Buffers used in Genetics Analysis. We are seeking an energetic individual with strong communication, leadership, technical and operational skills to join our dynamic and fast paced team. The candidate will follow SOPs and work in compliance with safety, regulatory and quality guidelines. This position will provide direct labor and will provide indirect support for projects/troubleshooting, maintenance, engineering, training and other initiatives.
- Investigation of failures and deviations, develop solutions and communicate to supervisor and team
- Identify and implement continuous improvement ideas to increase productivity. Improve the production processes by utilizing the tools outlined in PPI (Practical Process Improvement)
- Write/revise Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) and Bill of Materials (BOMs)
- Perform necessary functions to support manufacturing operations. Including, but not limited to the following:
- Package materials into their finished goods configurations. Set-up/calibrate/operate processing and packaging equipment to manufacture polymer and other consumables for genetic sequencing instrumentation. Equipment includes vessels, mixers, pouch-filling systems, heat sealers, peristaltic pumps, filtration systems, and packaging equipment.
- Material Inspection and packaging of finished-goods product into final packaging.
- Weigh, measure and check raw materials with batches manufactured contain proper materials and quantities.
- Cycle-counting/ordering of inventory to ensure inventory levels are correct.
- Coaching and training of technician level employees.
- Perform duties within the corporate EH&S Standards.
- Become a process owner; provide training and technical leadership within the specialized area.
- Address and report problems in daily manufacturing and propose effective countermeasures.
- Complete projects as assigned and obtain high quality results.
- Interact effectively in a cross functional setting.
- Critically review processes and provide input to supervisor.
- Proactively identify areas for opportunity and drive efficiency results.
- Adhere to ISO 9001 and 13485 guidelines and the Thermo Fisher quality policy.
- Use highly specialized equipment and instrumentation in daily manufacturing.
- Responsible for the completion of all tasks assigned daily (working O/T may be required).
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering field, or the equivalent knowledge and experience. Chemical/Mechanical/Industrial engineering degrees preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Experience with 5S or other operations excellence programs.
- Experience with semi-automated packaging systems and or large-scale chemical manufacture equipment.
- Must be able to work independently as well as work with a diverse team.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and to manage multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment is essential.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required to be effective in this role.
- Familiar with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of SAP or similar inventory control systems desired.
- Ability to mentor, train, motivate and coach
- Ability to identify waste and improve processes
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.