Do you enjoy creating results in a fast-paced environment, and do you want to be an important part of a strong commercial team working together to help our customers make the world a better place? Do you have a solid scientific or commercial background and a passion for sales? Then this may be the right opportunity for you.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $22B and 65,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
The use of Cryo-Electron Microscopy (Cryo-EM) in structural biology is on an exceptionally rapid growth trajectory, as the technique is shifting the boundaries in in protein structure determination. As the global market and technology leader, Thermo Fisher Scientific (formerly FEI) is at the forefront of shifting the boundaries of what is possible, not only in academic research, but also in the pharmaceutical industry especially in new drug discovery.
As the technique is being rapidly being adopted in laboratories worldwide, the Thermo Fisher Life Sciences Business is expanding its team in order to support and accelerate the further growth of this business in the coming years.
Thermo Fisher Scientific acquired FEI Company in September of 2016 as a part of the Analytical Instruments Group (AIG) in the newly-formed Materials and Structural Analysis Division (MSD).
Pushing the boundaries of discovery
With more than 60 years of innovation and leadership, we enable customers to find meaningful answers to questions that accelerate breakthrough discoveries, increase productivity, and ultimately change the world. We design, manufacture, and support the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales.
Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets, the worldwide team of 3200+ employees is dedicated to customers' pursuit of discovery and resolution to global challenges.
We are currently seeking an Account Manager to manage sales/account management activities for assigned locations, define and drive sales strategies, ensure achievement of bookings, revenue and business goals.
The ideal candidate will to be based in Denmark or Sweden – near a major airport hub, and will have a strong commercial mindset, as well as a good understanding of the life science / microscopy industry. The role will involve significant travel activity - up to 50% of the time – predominantly within the Nordics, but also outside the region.
Your responsibilities among others will include:
- Own all sales/ account management responsibilities of specified FEI products to all sites including resolving any issues Define, align and implement Account Strategy for the Cell and Structural Biology markets
- Maintain accurate quarterly booking forecasts
- Understand all budget issues at each customer and take strategic action
- Confirm all system configurations, specifications and acceptance conditions are appropriate for closing orders
- Manage all User Group activity by product as required
- Manage system demonstrations by working closely with application engineers and product marketing managers
- Manage the sales booking process
- Manage product issues in the field by working closely with the Account service group and application engineers for solutions
- Work with Thermo Fisher Service to achieve excellent customer satisfaction
We are looking for:
Key to this position is strong commercial awareness, and relevant experience in microscopy. Ideally someone with existing sales experience and an academic background (cell or structural biology) with post-degree laboratory experience (practical experience in microscopy and imaging)
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- A university degree, preferably in Cell or Structural Biology
- 5 years of sales experience in a related product area
- Highly developed negotiation skills for customer interaction and closure of sales and other issues
- Excellent, enthusiastic, clear communication skills to a diverse audience is critical to the success of this position
- Systematic problem solving by working with customers and account team
- Presentation skills and creating materials for presentations to internal and external audiences
- Ability to work in good cooperation within an account team
- Ability to travel to customer sites and factory locally and internationally
Check out these video’s to gain more insight
- FEI’s corporate organization - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABSxT6Y099I
- FEI’s life sciences business - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxfPTJt1NEA
- Inside the FEI Titan Transmission Electron Microscope - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wEmsDh_l_A