Job Title: Senior Director, Commercial Operations (Production Chemical)
Req ID: 64138BR
Group: Life Sciences Solutions Group (LSG)
Division/Business Unit: Production Chemical Channel/ Sales
The Sr. Director, Commercial Operations is part of the commercial organization supporting the BioProduction Division portfolio which provides biotechnology and biopharmaceutical customers with integrated solutions across the entire bioproduction workflow. Our technologies include:Cell Culture; Cellular Medicine;Chromatography; Pharma Analytics; and Single Use Technologies.
Doe & Ingalls, a Thermo Fisher Scientific brand, is an extension of our customers’ supply chain management team. We understand the minor and major implications that affect the production chemical space. Without compromising quality, we help customers’ mitigate risk, increase productivity, and reduce costs.
The Senior Director Commercial Operations is responsible for developing, managing and executing sales strategy, sales plans, setting and measuring sales goals, negotiating customer contracts, maintaining senior level customer relationships, managing vendor partner relationships, and managing and developing the sales team. The position is part of the Production Chemical leadership team and is instrumental in developing and executing the business strategy.
- Lead global sales teams focused on production customers in the Pharma and Biotech industries supporting a portfolio chemicals, services and other supplies used in cGMP drug production.
- Develop and improve high level customer relations to improve position and profitability at customer accounts while executing a strategic and tactical sales plan for Production Markets customers to ensure revenue and gross margin objectives are met by using company defined financial models.
- Identify and quantify return-on-investment for value-added services (Streamline services), new products, and vendors that will strategically position the Company for sustainable growth.
- Develop metrics with the leadership to measure performance and success of strategic and tactical plans and hold teams accountable for metrics.
- Direct all account development activities including account strategy execution and management, ongoing communication of value proposition and value added programs and services, resource coordination, price management, initiation of RFP responses, where applicable and achievement of forecasted profitable growth.
- Responsible for reporting tactical sales plan results to Thermo Fisher on Monthly/Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Use sales automation to reinforce sales process and measure sales effectiveness.
Portfolio / Supplier Management
- Support the portfolio team and build executive level relationships with our supplier base.
- Drive regular strategic discussions with suppliers to further develop partnership with suppliers.
- Build product and supplier strategies for the production chemical portfolio.
- Work with the portfolio team to focus on finding new opportunities for revenue growth.
- Develop and drive initiatives to improve category profitability.
- Work with supplier base on key operational issues to improve customer satisfaction.
- Work with Sales Operations to maintain departments CRM, quality, and price management ISO procedures.
- Ensure consistent execution of procedures and provide root cause analysis when necessary.
- Lead the business unit’s annual price roll, including supplier contact, cost-price uploads, data analysis, commercial team communication, and customer quotations.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in sales and marketing.
- 4+ years managing teams of 5 of more.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in appropriate specialty (preference for business, marketing, chemistry, biochemistry, or engineering).
- Experience selling and knowledge base in Life Sciences, Production Chemicals, and/or Supply Chain.
- Experience working and selling in a channel environment, including expertise optimizing supplier collaboration to drive sale as well as selling proprietary service solutions.
- Exhibits bias towards accomplishing sales results via defined processes and sales disciple best practices.
- Experience selling at a c-suite and executive level.
- Proven ability to create solution selling processes and organizations.
- Strong leadership and communication skills with excellent written and oral communication skills with effective strategies for interacting with a wide variety of audiences.
- Strong understanding and fluency in technology and chemistry and have the ability to respond to technical questions, common inquiries and complaints and the ability to effectively present information to engineers, managers and purchasing agents/ managers.
- Ability to collaborate and interact with cross functional teams and matrix partners to achieve business results and drive sales/account strategies.
- Proven ability to develop insightful business strategy when facing complex selling situations.
- Proven ability to identify comprehensive and detailed strategies and tactics at the customer level to accomplish the desired growth.
- Proven experience in talent development and building strong organizational relationships.
- Experience with driving for results and Sales efficiencies.
- Strong business acumen and an understanding of the global market.
- Proficient computer skills (including Microsoft Office, email, PowerPoint and spreadsheet analysis).
- Willingness and availability to travel overnight up to 50% to visit customers, supplier facilities, and attend trade shows.
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Chemistry, biochemistry, or engineering.
- Experience within GMP and/or ISO 9001 environment.
- Experience with Salesforce.com.
- Experience with international expansion.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com