When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Driven by our goal oriented team of service experts, the Microbiology Division (MBD) is a trusted supplier of a broad range of high quality media and diagnostic products used in clinical, industrial, research, and academic laboratories. For over 30 years, the group consisting of over 2,000 employees has been highly dedicated to microbiology and provided superior product performance and expert, responsive customer support to laboratories nationwide.
This position will be remotely based in the north central part of the US. Preferably in IL, IN or MN.
How will you make an impact?
The Central Regional Business Manager leads the region to achieve the sales plan, to drive accountability throughout region and to develop a team of highly successful sales professionals in the clinical microbiology market. Product line to include all microbiology consumables and capital equipment for blood culture, ID/AST and automated specimen processing.
Administers all activities within their Region to include:
- Creates, develops and recommends goals, objectives and policies to ensure the most effective operation and staffing of sales activities within their region.
- Establishes and maintains sales force staffing to ensure that the company’s long term sales objectives can be met within a timely manner.
- Develops and manages the region processes for: creating sales strategies and plans, sales assumptions and projections, sales goals, compensation, incentives, bonus and expenses.
- Facilitates the management of key business and customer relationships and negotiates potential business opportunities for the company which are consistent with its long-term objectives.
- Provides leadership and management directions that enable the region sales organization to execute the tactical sales plan.
- Responsible for the creation, organization, coordination, frequency, objectives, budget and implementation of region sales meetings.
- Directs, Manages and coaches the activities of the sales representatives within their region. Identifies, interviews and recommends hiring of field sales personnel. Monitors sales performance and manages performance improvement plans.
- Manage sales representative training to include: selling skills, territory management Thermo Fisher products and processes, pricing, competition and account management.
- Provides administrative control over responsibilities, written performance reviews and a development plan for each employee, complete written performance goals and quarterly reviews with each direct report.
- Maintains regular contacts with major Customer and Distributor accounts, stays abreast of industry trends, developments and all competitive activities.
- Provides periodic reports on sales activities and provide sales forecasts as directed.
How will you get there?
- Bachelors Degree in business, marketing or science required.
- 5-8 years sales/sales management experience with 2-3 years minimum at a senior level. Sales and or management experience in a health science or related field is preferred.
- 2+ years of capital equipment sales/sales management
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Windows 2000 and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to travel 45% - 75%
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com