Software Test Engineer Intern
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. And you’ll have the opportunity for continual growth and learning in a culture that empowers your development. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $20 billion, we have approximately 65,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications.
Summary of Internship
The Software Test Engineer Internship position provides an opportunity for engineering students who are currently pursuing a computer science, computer engineering, or like engineering degree to get hands on experience working with engineers in a fast-paced software design and software quality assurance environment. The software Test Engineer Intern participates in all aspects of the software development process, from requirements, design to implementation and testing. The position starts in June, paid working 40 hours per week through August. Opportunity exists for this position to continue through the academic year on a part-time basis to allow for class schedules.
- Work with project team to evaluate and accept requirements as complete
- Evaluate the SW against user requirements
- Create and maintain test using defined technical documentation templates
- Help develop tools to help with automation of test cases
- Pass/Fail Test cases and create\\verify defects
- Improve upon current skills while also developing and mastering new technical skills
- Automate test cases using appropriate tools
- The Software Test Intern is responsible for providing engineering support related to product development projects for testing
- Develop tools to help with Automation of test cases and automate test cases using these tools
- Create and maintain documentation of results
- Support a variety of software engineering activities and may be assigned to a variety of engineering tasks throughout the department
- Be involved with many aspects of software quality assurance and some software design and analysis tasks
- Provide feedback on specifications and designs
- Learn about software engineering and instrumentation through daily activities.
- Accept candid feedback and look for areas of improvements
- Specific tasks will be tailored to the software interns experience level and abilities
- A software intern works under the close supervision of engineers, project managers, and software engineering and Test managers
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Strong willingness to learn, be mentored, and improve
- Desire to contribute and improve design of new and existing scientific instrumentation products
- Strong customer focus
- Desire to teach other engineers about technology in area of expertise
- Knowledge of least one software development tool set such as Java, C#
- Aptitude for writing software programs
- Enrolled in an Undergraduate program (BS) in Computer Science, Bioinformatics or related
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.