Provides administrative assistance to the Business Segment Leader for the BioSciences Sera Business Unit by performing various duties to ensure efficient office operations. The successful candidate will possess strong organizational, analytical, and administrative skills to provide a full scope of administrative assistance to the Sera Business Unit as well other groups that reside within the BioSciences group, as needed.
Key Objectives of the role:
- Provide complex administrative support for Business Leaders and the department employees ensuring efficient office operations.
- Promote clear communication within the department and facilitates interdepartmental communication.
- Maintain calendar for business unit including; business reviews, weekly staff meetings, as well as other events and meetings
- Develop/modify complex presentations, reports, spreadsheets and graphs; transcribes information of a technical, confidential and/or sensitive nature; may be required to take meeting and/or conference call minutes.
- Draft, review and/or edit written material to ensure accuracy, neatness, correct punctuation and grammar; recommend changes to improve readability and clarity.
- Research, compile, summarize, and analyze information to formulate correspondence and respond to various inquiries from internal and external customers. Utilize company personnel at all organizational levels to gather information to prepare reports.
- Screen mail and callers, respond to and route inquiries to appropriate personnel as necessary; determine importance and priority of various issues and determine what major issues should be brought to the attention of the department head and/or department members.
- Coordinate, assist in planning, prepare agenda and monitor meetings; maintain calendar(s) and travel requests.
- Handle highly confidential, sensitive and/or critical information, files, records and reports.
- Manage and coordinate projects and programs to ensure high-quality end results within given timeframe.
- Place facilities and equipment order requests to maintain work area appearance and safety
- Serve as liaison to the main site, keeping employees apprised of communications and events
- Provide administrative support for onsite events where necessary
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Must be able to interface effectively with all levels of the organization.
Requires a thorough knowledge of corporate operations and product line.
Considerable independent judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations. Able to demonstrate judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers as well the ability to handle highly confidential and proprietary information.
Initiative and organization skills are extremely valuable to ensure a smooth office operation.
Must possess self-motivation, enthusiasm, a positive attitude and perform as a team player.
May determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
Minimum Qualifications (must have):
- Associates Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience, BS/BA preferred.
- 5 years supporting senior management in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent telephone and interpersonal skills.
- Must be proficient in spreadsheet, presentation & email software such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Visio.
- Willingness to learn and master enterprise software such as Concur and Workday.
- Willingness and flexibility to take on additional duties and work on new projects when needs arise and work beyond normal working hours as required.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Intermediate analytical and problem-solving ability.
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have):
- Previous project management experience.
- Financial Acumen.
- Previous continuous improvement experience (5S, Lean, PPI, Six Sigma).
- Experience planning large events.
Administrative Assistant has contact with all levels of company employees, as well as internal and external customers.