Purpose of the job:
Manages the overall long-term planning covering all functional resource planning models, including compliance and technical project and continuous improvement resource planning, to facilitate the oversight of demand matching capacity of the Site and decision on debottlenecking and prioritization on senior management level. Analyzing demand requirements from external and internal clients, to support internal capacity resources. Facilitates the weekly S&OP Part I, and monthly S&OP Part II meetings.
Patheon, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific operates as a Contract Manufacturing Organization for small to large Pharma customers. Biologics exclusively focuses on production of antibodies and other active pharma proteins using mammalian cell lines. Customers are typically companies with a product in the clinical stage of development. This requires a short time to the clinic, i.e. a short but effective development of their process, followed by timely transfer to Operations and batch production under cGMP.
The technologies that we offer are industry standard to state of the art (including Single Use Bioreactors). For each new product a manufacturing process is to be developed and optimized. Annually, 5-10 new manufacturing processes are transferred from the Process Development department to the Operations department. Next to that new technologies are acquired and/ or developed to keep and increase the competitiveness of Patheon. Processes developed in Process Development will be transferred to the cGMP facility in Groningen.
Production activities range from executing a totally new production run for the first time, to the routine production of a commercial batch. Due to the diversity of customers, and their associated products, the applicable processing steps are very diverse.
The biopharmaceutical type of facility has to comply with rules and regulations of cGMP set by countries health and welfare ministries and with internationally harmonized guidelines that give guidance with implementing these rules and regulations and the internal and external EH&S requirements and regulations.
The production activities have to be executed in an efficient and effective manner to assure the sites overall competitiveness. In addition, due to the very high value of intermediates and products, production activities have to be executed in a highly controlled fashion. Mistakes can cause high cost (1 mil euros per batch).
Controlled production activities and compliance to cGMP rules, regulations and guidelines is essential for the suitability of the clients’ products and the license to operate for the site.
- To perform effectively the integrated key functions of demand management, overall resource planning, and procedural compliance.
- To operate and execute a robust weekly planning cycle with input from all functional resource models.
- To provide the organizational interface with a capacity levelled, viable set of plans with sufficient visibility to ensure all functions can effectively manage the utilization of their resources.
- To facilitate the weekly S&OP Part I process: organize meetings according to S&OP meeting charter, drive internal functions to deliver input, executing the functional assessment based on the site new demand and functional resources available, managing the agenda and action tracker of the meeting.
- To facilitate the monthly Site S&OP Part II process: organize meetings according to S&OP meeting charter, drive internal functions to deliver input, prepare slide deck, managing the action tracker of the meeting. Drive long term planning for the Site instead of just information sharing. Execute monthly Site S&OP executive summary reporting for BU Global S&OP process.
- Develop and maintain KPIs relevant to (S&OP) planning.
- Establish Site platform for planning, including all internal functions planners.
- To ensure cGMP is applied in the area of work and to comply with cGMP in all areas of the business.
- Education level: University, or (Dutch) HBO, College/Technical School diploma preferably in Operations Management, Logistics or Materials Management, or related discipline.
- Certified in Production and Inventory management (CPIM) preferred.
- Strong background in a manufacturing environment, preferably in a project oriented organization.
- Full knowledge of the integrated aspects of the total supply chain including demand management and production planning.
- Experience in creating as well as maintaining planning.
- Minimal 3 year experience with a complex (project oriented) planning function, with several different resources available, in working with several planning systems.
- Experience in the Theory of Constraints, Lean, Project Management.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Well organized and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong Project Management Skills.
- Numerate and analytical and capable of grasping the overall business position based on a fluid set of data.
- Excellent interpersonal, pro-active, analytical/problem solving, and communication skills, and capable of operating at all levels.
- Proficiency with the English language.
- Demonstrated commitment to our fundamental principles of Integrity, Respect and Excellence