This newly created role has been designed to support the organisation to achieve the EH&S Vision and embed the Thermo Fisher Scientific EH&S beliefs. In this role you will partner with personnel to improve EH&S and mitigate risks across the organisation and support delivery of continuous improvement and best practice in EH&S
- Provide hands on implementation support of the EH&S Management System to senior managers, employees and EH&S Committees.
- Provide expert advice in relation to risk mitigation and risk reduction.
- Drive corrective action implementation and completion of the organisations Hazard and Corrective Action Register.
- Undertake, monitor and review EH&S Audits and Inspections and assess the appropriateness of remedial actions proposed and implemented.
- Implement and maintain emergency preparedness processes and ensure personnel are trained and resources are in place to support the organisations response capability.
- Lead improvements to the EH&S culture by partnering with personnel to embed and improve EH&S in day to day activities.
- Assist the organisation in meeting the requirements of the EH&S Management System and reducing workplace injury and illness
- Develop and deliver EH&S training programs to support risk reduction and health and well-being
- Manage workers compensation claims and return to work for injured employees across New Zealand
- Contribute to the cycle of continuous improvement in all areas of EH&S.
Qualifications & Experience
- A qualification in Occupational Health and Safety
- A minimum of two years working in an EH&S role
- Previous experience in claims management and return to work
Skills & Attributes
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and communication skills across all levels of the organisation
- Proven ability to balance competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Proven experience working independently and as part of a team
- Ability to implement and maintain auditable EH&S Management Systems
- A personal commitment to best practice
- Initiative and determination
- New Zealand Australian EH&S legislation
- Proven experience in ensuring Dangerous Goods compliance
- Understanding and experience in auditing EH&S Management Systems and their implementation against New Zealand and International Standards
- Sound understanding of risk management principles and methodology
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.