In this role you will contribute to the day-to-day activities of the receipting, picking/packing and dispatch functions of all product types and support your Supervisor in implementing and maintaining warehouse controls and disciplines to ensure a smooth and effective operation.
- Receive, receipt, store, pick and dispatch items in accordance with established processes and procedures
- Ensure quality standards are achieved and maintained for all product and stock in Warehouse
- Effectively use the inventory and dispatch systems to record stock activity and stock control. Complete stock takes as required
- Ensure warehouse processes are communicated and followed by all stakeholders
- Achieve required deadlines for inventory/product specifications and delivery
- Advise Supervisor on any inventory or warehouse problems
- Adhere to EHS policies and procedures to ensure a safe and healthy workplace environment
- Is required to lift up to 20kg. This role entails to be on your feet for long periods while performing duties. Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials and be able to work in cold environment (including freezers and chillers). Must be able to work overtime and be able to be flexible around hours of work.
Qualifications & Experience
- 2-3 years previous experience in a warehouse environment.
- Relevant forklift license
- Supply chain experience – ideally including inventory management
- Proactive, anticipate needs
- Motivated to get the job done and meet deadlines
- Takes ownership
- Demonstrates flexibility
- Ability to multi-task
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.