|Director, IT - Enterprise Service Operations|
The Director, IT - Enterprise Service Operations will ensure that the right processes, people and technology are in place to allow Thermo Fisher Scientific to meet its business goals. This role has significant interactions with key leaders across the IT organizations to integrate, monitor, and measure the delivery of IT processes and tools, and identify continuous improvement opportunities using performance metrics.
· Perform annual benchmarking of the Service Operations functions from a cost and customer satisfaction perspective leveraging appropriate industry standard benchmarks
· Drive service delivery operations, including: role development and resource planning, budget and cost analysis, partner and vendor negotiation
· Through the incident & problem management process owner, conduct root cause analysis/post mortem meetings and facilitates the problem management process for lessons learned and preventive reoccurrence including the incorporation of the Major Incident Management function.
· Lead, influence, facilitate and educate service owners on continuous improvement opportunities.
· Through the change management process owner, manage and drive the change management process to ensure operational stability at all times. This includes communicating, tracking and reporting of release/maintenance window preparedness as well as post change results, impacts and trends.
· Through the Asset Management process owner, manage and drive the asset management life cycle supporting a tightly controlled and cost effective capability.
· Partners tightly with the leader of IT Customer Experience to ensure process and user experience alignment is in place: The technology experience is easy, intuitive, appropriate data is being captured, leveraged (Knowledge Base) and customer satisfaction feedback is used on an ongoing basis to support continuous improvement
· Partners tightly with Advanced Computing Services on their leverage of ServiceNow to support operational stability particularly in areas of the CMDB.
· Leads the Integration and communication of key performance indicators (KPIs), metrics packages and related information for consumption by IT leadership and senior management.
· 10+ years of experience leading IT Service Management in a global environment (either service operations or service delivery)
· Experience and participation in a large scale digital transformation
· Passionate and Excited about Service Operations and Delivery with Life Sciences experience, a plus
· Proven ability to lead and manage a team of onshore/offshore process owners for Incident, Problem, Change, Configuration (CMDB), Asset, Knowledge, Request and Service Portal (UI/UX) configuration, and other processes that intersect or interact, such as PPM, HR, IT Operations, Security Operations and GRC
· Accountable for the Service Management platform (ServiceNow) demonstrating 4+ years of experience in managing the implementation and maturation of the platform’s use in a global organization
· Defined experience in release scope; road map development, implementation testing and upgrades.
· Example led engagement with cross-functional teams to prioritize and integrate process development and maturation, ensuring that the right talent is engaged and utilized at the appropriate level in order to achieve successful service delivery outcomes.
· Proven ability to define and measure appropriate metrics that support usage; cost and perception of service / process, and communicating such metrics to leadership on a regular cadence that aligns with business priorities.
· Strong marketing, visualization and communication skills to effectively interact at the Senior Management and Operational level.
· Proven ability to develops and retain a high performing internal IT team that executes based on management objectives while providing thought leadership
· Creative thinking appreciated
· Service Delivery/Operations “turnaround” experience is a significant plus
· BS/BA – Computer Science, Technology Process or related field
· MBA preferred
· ITIL certifications preferred
· Dev Ops exposure desired