When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The field based Senior Digital Pathology Sales/Applications Specialist is responsible for performing field sales support, account qualification, sales, basic marketing, assistance in installations, troubleshooting, customer training, and technical product support for Anatomical Pathology digital pathology and workflow solutions. In this role, you will cover the Northeast and Southeast Territory. The successful candidate must have excellent customer service and relationship building skills and the ability to utilize and effectively communicate and perform digital pathology sales and applications functions. This position will require daily conversations with Pathologists about advanced applications for imaging in a clinical setting. The ability to manage complex selling situations with capital equipment is required. Understanding of hospital connectivity solutions and Laboratory Information systems functionality at a basic level is beneficial. The person in the role will both learn and be expected to teach/train new team members on selling and applications for DP within the clinical and research settings. The position requires active collaboration and creation of tools and selling aids with the marketing team. The Senior Digital Pathology Sales/Applications Specialist must also represent the company in a positive, professional manner in all dealings with Thermo Fisher Scientific customers, both external and internal.
What will you do?
- Interpret and understand customer user requirements, and how they relate to product functionality and performance
- Create and positions appropriate Digital Pathology and Workflow solutions to customers.
- Assist in installation of new systems in order to become more expert at managing software and understanding systems.
- Create marketing and customer support tools in coordination with marketing and OEM partner.
- Take ownership of sales process and closing from the TAMs and other lead generating sales people.
- Report, track and manage all customer opportunities via SFDC
- Reviews available technical literature to maintain an awareness of current DP opportunities and regulatory rules—including appropriate positioning from FDA perspective.
How will you get here?
- Minimum 5 years capital equipment sales into complex selling environment.
- 5 + years’ experience in capital equipment sales into clinical and or research environments (Hospital / Pathology / LIS / Connectivity/ Digital Pathology background preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree required in a Life Science Discipline, Information Technology or Technology Support
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, Microsoft Office Suite proficient to include Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Technical writing skills, ability to work with minimal supervision in a laboratory / hospital environment and in the field.
- Ability to work in a field team environment, and must be customer focused with appropriate sensitivity and sense of urgency for customer issues. Customer facing skills are necessary.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, problem solving, listening, and organizational skills are strongly desired. The position requires an excellent communicator with above average demonstrated troubleshooting skills and diplomacy.
- Up to 75% Travel is required
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com