About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity.
The Laboratory Products Division (LPD) unites deep scientific expertise, a collaborative culture and rich resources to deliver the lab equipment and consumables that our customers need to achieve their scientific goals – quickly, reliably and safely. Our smart lab solutions make it faster and easier for our customers to focus on what matters most – delivering answers and innovations that save and improve lives.
Job Title: Internal Sales Specialist
Group/Division: LPD Commercial
Job number: 63678BR
Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK
Main Activities / Responsibilities
- Promote products, negotiate contracts and close sales in order to achieve and exceed the monthly and annual sales targets.
- To meet and exceed minimum objectives and standards of performance.
- Provide telephone support for all in-bound enquiries, with relation to price, specification, logistics and stock, in line with the LPD commercial strategy.
- Identify sales opportunities with new and existing customers and successfully manage the sales of Company products and services, in conjunction with the relevant distributor as appropriate, to achieve or exceed the assigned territory sales plan.
- Make sufficient “prospecting” calls each week, on existing and new prospects to ensure that the prospect pipeline is of sufficient value to meet the monthly sales target.
- Coordinate sales processes through defined routes for assigned accounts for an assigned geography in accordance with approved sales and marketing plans and provide proactive sales follow up.
- Participate in commercial meetings, sales, product and systems training, marketing campaigns, special projects as presented by the Company to develop appropriate selling skills consistent with Company philosophy, policies, and procedures to ensure continuous learning with an up to date broad knowledge across all areas of the business.
- Utilization of the Company customer relation’s management software CRM (SFDC) as “place of work” for creation and tracking of opportunities, complaints, forecasts and campaigns, in addition to maintaining and increasing current customer database.
- Utilize data sources to analyze and develop sales opportunities with the greatest ROI.
- Communicate key competitive activities, market trends, and changing customer development plans and priorities, which include emerging customers.
- Regularly provide written and verbal communication of successes, failures, best practices, to improve the overall operating efficiency of the team, region and sales organization.
- Communicate with research scientists at all accounts for product information and sales presentations.
- Communicate account objectives and action plans to management via regular interactive updates, monthly summary reports and other communication vehicles.
- Coordinate contracts/quotations, both direct and through Channels, within Company Guidelines by extending competitive pricing as needed to maintain and increase margin/revenues, with guidance from Management and/ or marketing, in order to secure and maintain profitable business.
- Manage tender responses in collaboration with appropriate stake holders, working directly or with Channels as required.
- Support marketing programs and programs in other territories as assigned by the Sales Manager.
- Recognize and identify new customers through analysis of research and funding.
- Manage and close sales leads generated by colleagues in Marketing and Technical Support through the defined processes.
- Take ownership of all enquiries, ensuring they are correctly processes and closed within the agreed timescale (KPI).
- Flexibility to respond to any additional tasks that may be required by the LPD business at any time.
- Minimum BSc within Life Sciences required.
- This position requires fluency in English.
- Some experience from a sales function in relevant industry would be very beneficial.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong capabilities to interface effectively with all customer types.
- Ability to function effectively in a high performance team.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and desire to succeed.
- Exhibits a high degree of flexibility in adapting to a rapidly changing business environment.
- Computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, or similar programs required.
- Ability to travel and attend regular sales and customer/channel meetings off site.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com