Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
For the support of our Team we are searching for a
Technical Sales Specialist Protein Biology
permanent position, home office based
territory: Germany south-west
The Technical Sales Specialist is responsible for the promotion and revenue growth of the full Western Workflow (Instruments & Consumables), Primary & Secondary Antibodies and Products for Protein Mass Spectrometry in line with promotion of Thermo Fisher Scientific as the technology leader in Protein Biology Solutions. The scope of the product portfolio is subject to change at any time, as the company adds complementary technologies. The applicant will be expected to work closely with the Account Managers, Inside Sales and Fisher Scientific sales force in his/her territory with the objective of increasing profits and market share for the Thermo Fisher Life Science Solution Group (LSG). Activities will include, sales visits, executing sales representative support (third parties) & motivational strategies, organisation of scientific seminars, territory planning, monitoring sales performance & accurate forecasting. Responsibilities will also include establishing strategic business plans in line with local Sales Managers with an ultimate goal to reach / exceed annual targets & consequently grow market share. Please see the position specific criteria for further description and differentiation of the skill levels required for this position.
- Must be flexible and willing to travel between 70- 80% in his / her territory to excecute his / her duties .
- Requires understanding of commonly-used protein biology techniques.
- Solution Selling and Key Account Management skills are essential.
- Outstanding problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication and training skills.
- Clear vision of, and commitment to, providing outstanding customer service.
- Commitment to contributions as a team member in a fast-paced, leading-edge, intense and very dynamic field.
- Must be self-directed and self-motivated to work at a highly technical level.
- Must be fluent Spanish and English, both verbal and written.
Your Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum MSc / BSc or equivalent degree in Biochemistry, Genetics, Protein or Cellular Biology.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing to travel extensively (70-80%)
- High energy level with ability to take initiative.
- Proven reasoning abilities with a clear capability to present solutions and excersice sound judgement.
- Process oriented with demonstrated attention to details.
- Teamwork oriented with collaborative style.
- Clean driving licence