The Senior Director Human Resources is responsible for providing strategic HR leadership for Research and Safety Market Division (RSD) across North America and the Emerging Markets, to include two business units within the division. This position will align HR services and responsibilities with the business needs of the division. The incumbent will work closely with the president and extended leadership team for the division as well as the global functional leaders for Portfolio Management and Strategy & Marketing. Through this collaborative and consultative approach, the incumbent will define and execute plans to address the strategic people needs of the organization and functions supported. This role will also serve as a key leadership team member contributing to overall strategic people impacts across Customer Channels Group globally.
- Partner with division and relevant group-level functional leadership to drive the people strategy for the business in alignment with the defined business strategy.
- Progress the culture with a focus on quality and promoting a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are actively engaged and promoting Thermo Fisher as a great place to work. Craft and deliver key initiatives to support the organization’s evolving culture, to include progression of EIS improvements.
- Collaborate with division and relevant group-level functional leadership on organizational design and development initiatives; using tools, processes and past successes, ensure successful facilitation of organization changes.
- Enhance people development within the businesses and functions supported; leverage existing tools and processes, ensuring leadership accountability, a focus on talent/roles with the greatest potential/needs, and raising the bar on what the organization delivers relative to performance feedback and employee development.
- Partner with business leadership and HR colleagues to assess current talent and develop or implement long-term talent strategies that ultimately improve the performance of the organization and set it up for longer term success.
- Partnering with TA on the sourcing and recruitment process for the division and relevant functions, ensure key positions are filled timely while improving the diversity and level of talent coming into the organization; report on key metrics to measure progress.
- Where applicable, ensure implementation of compensation plans and programs that effectively support the business objectives (to include sales compensation plans).
- Actively support company-wide HR initiatives and ensure delivery of programs and initiatives aligned to the overall HR strategy for Thermo Fisher.
- Bachelors’ degree is required; MBA or MS in human resources is highly desirable
- 8 years of HR management
- Broad-based human resources experience with progressively responsible leadership roles; demonstrated ability to translate business needs into effective strategies and actions to execute against those strategies
- Proven accomplishments in leading HR through cultural change efforts and demonstrating value to the business
- Strong communication, collaboration and influencing skills; must be able to market ideas to a diverse leadership team
- Ability to act as a credible coach and facilitator and, based on our values, a role model for effective leadership and performance
- Comfortable in a highly complex, highly matrixed, fast-paced environment
- Travel required (approximately 25%)