Change Management Engineer
The Engineering Data Management group executes selection, prioritization and implementation of Engineering Changes (ECO) within the Engineering Organization at Thermofisher. The Change management engineer executes Engineering Changes after products are transferred to volume production through the product end of life.
The change management engineer creates new documentation and follows archiving and change process rules for all Thermofisher engineering data. The position collaborates closely with the Engineering department, Product Lifecycle Manager (PLM), R&D, Manufacturing, Logistics, Purchasing, Quality and Global Technical Support (GTS) groups within Thermofisher and suppliers to archive and maintain engineering data throughout the product lifecycle. The department consists of 21 people globally and 8 people onsite in the team in Brno. This role reports directly into Brno EDM engineering manager.
On average the Engineering Data Management group processes 2100 engineering changes (ECO’s) per year of which 750 are processed in Brno. The change management engineer focusses on production stoppers, obsolescence management and a wide variety of product improvements. You will analyze the change request and investigate the problem statement. After that you will take care of impact analysis in cooperation with internal stakeholders and work out an implementation plan which will be presented to the change review board. If the change request is approved you will lead the ECO execution. Managing these changes is a versatile and interesting role in which you will interact with cross-functional departments and stakeholders. Suitable candidates are able to work in a very structured and process driven environment.
Specific deliverables associated with this position include:
- Executes selected engineering changes.
- Supports Technical Service Support (TSS) with product escalations and/or ECO implementation as necessary.
- May participate on Change Review Board (ChRB) reviews of implementation plans for engineering changes to ensure plans have a positive ROI and minimum disruption to Factories and Service or act as a change leader.
- Ensures that ECO process WIP, cycle time and other targets are being met within his scope of activity.
- Facilitates and may lead cross-functional improvement and other Operations projects from inception to completion.
- Develops close relationships with Manufacturing, Logistics, Sourcing, NPI Engineering, GTS, PLM, Quality and R&D to adequately resolve technical conflicts.
- Acts as an advisor to peers and project resources to resolve technical problems.
- Ensure that activities are carried out according to the principle of “Customer focus in all that we do”
- Execute all activities according to Sarbanes-Oxley directives, rules and procedures
- Adhere to work safety, fire safety, hygiene of work and other regulatory standards. Clean and maintain work area and consigned tools
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Combination of education and experience that demonstrates the required skills. Vocational technical level with multiple years of experience or bachelor degree with a few years of experience in any technical discipline.
- Knowledge in product data management (advantage TeamCenter)
- Preferably experience with CAD design and drafting in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and resolve issues that involve gaining cooperation of cross-functional, multi-cultural groups and sites without damaging relationships.
- Must demonstrate ability to create technical documentation using common Microsoft Office and Acrobat applications
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and solve problems.
- Understanding of product cost structure and cost consequences of a change
- Must have ability to obtain a valid passport and travel regionally and internationally as required (0% - 10% of working time)
- Fluency in English and Dutch verbal and in writing)
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
The successful candidate will possess the following competencies:
- Creativity and Innovation
- Planning / Prioritizing & Goal setting
- Quality and sustainability focus
- Customer focus
- Decisiveness & Judgment
- Communication and multicultural interaction skills
- Results oriented
- Gets results, even under difficult situations and is creative (finds better/alternative ways)
- Collaboration & Teamwork
Flexibility & Achieving change