The Engineering Data Management group executes selection, prioritization and implementation of Engineering Changes (ECO) within the Engineering Organization at Thermo Fisher. The Change Leader coordinates/executes Engineering Changes after products are transferred to volume production through the product end of life.
The EDM Change Leader (CL) reviews change requests and follows change process rules for all Thermo Fisher engineering data. The position collaborates closely with the Engineering, Product Lifecycle Manager (PLM), R&D, Manufacturing, Logistics, Purchasing, Quality and Technical Service Support (TSS) groups within Thermo Fisher. The CL helps to maintain the integrity of the engineering data throughout the product lifecycle. The Engineering Data Management (EDM) department consists of 21 people globally, and 6 of these people are onsite in Brno EDM.
Specific deliverables associated with this position include:
- Decision making on engineering change execution
- Coordinates prioritization and execution of engineering changes within the Engineering Organization.
- Works with EDM, Logistics, Sourcing, NPI Engineering, TSS, PLM, Quality and R&D to ensure proper resource allocation to execute Engineering Change Orders (ECO).
- Facilitates Change Review Board, (CCB) and Product Improvement Board, (PIB) meetings, (agenda, etc). Ensures appropriate technical input, global cooperation and visibility for complex changes. Approves implementation plans for engineering changes to ensure plans have a positive ROI and minimum disruption to Factories and Service.
- May complete ECOs for which he/she has experience and knowledge to execute.
- Supports Technical Service Support (TSS) with product escalations and/or ECO implementation as necessary.
- Manage ECO process Work In Progress (WIP), cycle time and other targets for his/her specific system.
- Facilitates and may lead and/or execute cross-functional projects from inception to completion.
- Develop close relationships with Manufacturing, Logistics, Sourcing, NPI Engineering, TSS, PLM, Quality and R&D to adequately resolve technical conflicts.
- Acts as an advisor to peers and project resources to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems.
- Ensure that activities are carried out according to the principle of “Customer focus in all that we do”
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
Combination of education and experience that demonstrates the required skills. Vocational technical level with multiple years of experience or bachelor degree with several years of experience in any technical discipline.
- Typically requires 2-5 years of experience in high-tech industry environment in service, development or manufacturing
- Suitable candidates are able to work in a very structured and process driven environment. Ability to coordinate and lead small project teams in product and process improvements
- Demonstrated ability to plan and resolve issues that involve gaining cooperation of cross-functional, multi-cultural groups and sites without damaging relationships.
- Working knowledge of cross-site and cross-functional project management, data analysis and resource allocation
- Must demonstrate ability to create technical documentation and engineering reports using common Microsoft Office and Acrobat applications
- Demonstrated ability to provide clear and concise analysis of data, systematic problem solving and basic experimental methods, test protocols and procedures that include multiple factors
- Understanding of product cost structure, COGS, total cost of ownership calculations, cost consequences of a change and experience with business cases
- Must have ability to obtain a valid passport and travel regionally and internationally as required
- Must be able to work in clean room environment
- Fluency in English and local language (verbal and in writing)
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
The successful candidate will possess the following competencies:
- Creativity and Innovation
- Planning / Prioritizing & Goal setting
- Quality and sustainability focus
- Customer focus
- Decisiveness & Judgment
- Strong communication and multicultural interaction skills
- Holistic thinking, approaches
- Business acumen
- Results oriented
- Gets results, even under difficult situations and is creative (finds better/alternative ways)
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Flexibility & Achieving change
- Relationship building
- Conflict management
- Management of ambiguity
Influence, persuasion and energizing behavior