Responsible for assisting the Operations Manager in the formulation and manufacture of custom RUO frozen panels, standard and custom growth media. Including scheduling, batch record preparation and completion, physical, chemical and microbiological analysis of in process and finished goods, troubleshooting any manufacturing issues, and coordinating and/or delivering training of other production personnel in associated activities.
- Partner with Custom Panel Specialists to schedule custom panel manufacture dates.
- Prepare Custom RUO Panel and ordered media (custom or standard) batch records.
- Schedule preparation of components and insure needed supplies are in stock for manufacturing of Custom RUO Panels and media.
- Work with and direct production team members in the day-to-day in the preparation of components required in the manufacture products. Includes making media and antimicrobial stock solutions, using equipment such as hot plates, autoclaves, dispensing pumps, balances and pH meters.
- Work with and direct production team in the preparation, clean up, maintaining supplies of components, raw materials, and disposables used in manufacture process.
- Collaborate with other team members in the Quality Control testing and reporting of results for finished goods produced.
- Partner with Production Supervisor to ensure sufficient retention samples of each batch produced along with proper documentation on retention logs.
- Champion the creation of and maintenance of a 5S work environment.
- Report any actual or potential safety hazards to the Manager, Safety Specialist or Senior Management. Perform other duties as assigned.
- B.A. or B.S. with related courses in chemistry or biology, microbiology a plus, strong background in life sciences.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in one or more of the following: formulations, product development, process development, project development, R&D is preferred.
- Proven ability to manage and plan multiple projects.
- Experience in leading work teams in a matrix environment, preferred.
- Analytical skills, good problem solving technique and spreadsheet skills with Excel.
- Ability to work with and collaborate with team members as well as others.
- Detail oriented and able to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to work independently and in a group setting with little direction and with direct supervision.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Must possess basic English communications skills, both written and verbal. Must be able to comprehend and follow both written and verbal English communications including following standard operating procedures. Must be able to perform less complex math calculations.