Job Title: Senior Human Resources Manager
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire, UK
There’s a certain kind of energy and intensity here. You can feel it. It’s what happens when your job makes a positive, tangible impact for your clients, and the world we live in. It’s what happens when you work with colleagues that are involved and innovative. So if you are passionate about making a difference by using your strong business and human resource background then you could be the person we are looking for.
The position is based in Basingstoke, UK which is the Headquarters of our Microbiology Division and you will be part of the Country HR leadership group reporting to the Senior HR Director for the Northern Region. You will contribute to our company’s success by providing professional HR leadership and support, predominantly to the people leaders in Basingstoke but also through the line management of Site HR Partners at our manufacturing facilities in Dartford, East Grinstead and Perth as well as the Basingstoke team.
We are looking for a person who can see across many areas and can understand the dynamics of our business and possess the business and financial acumen to assess and communicate how HR strategies impact the Company strategy. You will play a focal role across a diverse functional demographic comprising of Commercial, R&D, Quality/Regulatory, Operations, Marketing, Customer Support, Finance and IT. With your confident, independent and engaging manner you will navigate well in our complex matrix structure and advise and lead colleagues in an effective and inspiring way.
Our organization is developing and we guarantee an interesting and challenging position in an international environment with large opportunity for professional and personal growth. As our HR transformation journey continues, this is an excellent opportunity to play a broader country-wide leadership role across some of our other UK businesses.
- Ensures alignment of HR processes with business/site strategic and operating goals
- Provides leadership and supervision to the HR Site Partners through coaching and development.
- Member of the cross-functional Senior Leadership Team at the Basingstoke facility.
- Leads or partcipates in projects or initiatives as part of the UK HR Leadership team to implement and embed HR transformation or country priorities.
- Provides leadership in, and promotion of, a positive One Thermo Fisher company culture by being an advocate for employees while achieving a balance with all levels of company goals
- Provide coaching and feedback to managers on talent management activities including performance management, training and development, organisational capability assessment, strategy and planning.
- Partner with HR Platforms (COE’s) to facilitate annual calibration and compensation planning processes, prepare for talent reviews, and provide development opportunities at each site
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition Platform to drive sourcing and recruitmentstrategies and processes including review and approval of requisitions, participation on interview panels and execution of the new employee on-boarding activities.
- Partner with Platforms and Divisional Business HR Partners to develop and implement change initiatives within your sites to drive organisational alignment and effective human resource utilisation.
- Establish culture and drive employee engagement by: analyzing trends and developing site-specific engagement strategies; ensuring appropriate employee value proposition; partnering with leaders to deliver timely and effective communications; influencing operating mechanisms to ensure alignment with strategic growth plans; and supporting a culture of wellness.
- Manage employee relations across sites to enhance workforce performance and productivity. Identify and address people and organizational risk. Conduct organization health assessments. Recommend and implement strategies for maintaining a positive work environment.
- Extensive progressive leadership experience in Human Resources, including significant line management.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering within a matrix organisation.
- HR partnering experience across a range of functions/client groups including significant manufacturing and mutli-site experience, preferably including business HQ.
- Experience of working within a HR Ulrich Model Structure, preferably during and post functional transformational activity.
- Ability to quickly build and sustain relationships with a range of stakeholders of all levels
- Results oriented and passionate about adding value through people processes.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a successful participant on the business management team that provides company leadership and direction, preferably in an international environment.
- Must have the ability to challenge and influence at all levels in the organization.
- Demonstrated and documented knowledge and experience and application of UK employment law , union negotiations, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, and training and development.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Experience in regulated environments, life sciences or medical devices is desirable.
- Excellent communicator, structured, self-driven, organised and positive.
- Happy with travelling up to 10% of the time.
WE CAN OFFER:
- An interesting and challenging position in an international environment
- The chance to work with inspiring colleagues in a company who makes a difference
- Be a part of a large professional HR-team globally