About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands – Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Job Title: Site Manager
Reports To: Service Manager
Group/Division: Unity Lab Services
Career Band: 6
Job Track: Associate
Position Location: Customer Site
Number of Direct Reports: 0
FLSA Status (Exempt/Non-Exempt): Exempt
Relocation (if applicable): No
The Site Manager manages work orders in Asset Management Database. and site inventory. Site Manager will encourage/manage program growth and track clients invoice payment. This position plays a critical role in supporting site initiatives to enhance client satisfaction, account profitability and retention. The ideal candidate will be a skilled communicator and effectively develop and maintain positive working relationship with vendors.
- Conduct site operations in accordance with terms and conditions of program contract and Statement of Work Support overall account strategy to achieve annual operating plan goals for revenue, growth, margin expansion, and account retention.
- Develop and maintain positive and professional working relationships with clients, service vendors and Thermo Fisher staff.
- Responsible for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Support the development of quarterly business reviews and participate in meetings as required.
- Assist in data collection and analysis of customer metrics to include but not limited to financials, compliance, growth, and profitability.
- Support action plans and tracking mechanisms to drive continuous improvement.
- Ensure that all compliance and regulatory guidelines are met specific to asset management and services program to include all facets of inventory management through provided tools.
- Responsible for accurate data input to Resource Center database to include service requests, work orders and purchase order information.
- Support problem resolution and escalation at account as needed.
- Monitor all service activities and escalations to include, timeliness, accuracy, and quality of the event.
- Monitor and maintain up-to-date service and financial documents for service contracts. Ensure vendor compliance.
- Assist with the resolution of service or billing issues, questions or credits.
- Obtain and review field service reports and invoices for financial accuracy, technical remediation procedures, and completeness.
- Search and provide alternate methods of service or parts in alignment with account strategy and promote alternate service providers with an emphasis on Thermo Fisher Scientific MVS.
- Follow established, approved procedure for high dollar repairs, issue High Dollar P.O. numbers and monitor high dollar repairs as they progress up to and including call follow up.
- Adhere to all Thermo Fisher and customer security and safety procedures.
- Support opportunities to identify and leverage other Thermo Fisher products and services.
- Participate in PPI project teams as assigned to improve business performance.
- Other appropriate duties as assigned by Thermo Fisher management.
- Travel to multiple client locations as applicable to support account needs (< 5%).
- Associates degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in a customer facing position
- Proficient PC skills and ability to effectively use Windows based software.
- Experience in Life Sciences or Healthcare environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Work independently and proactively to resolve customer issues.
- Build strong, professional client relationships.
- Team oriented
- Sound decision making skills
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritize work based on business and client needs.
- Ability to make commitments, track and communicate progress, and follow through until completion.
- Results oriented
- Physical Activity: Walking, sitting, standing, kneeling, crouching, lifting, PC work, repetitive motions, feeling, grasping, pulling, pushing, and hearing.
- Level of Physical Requirements: Light to medium work.
- Level of Visual Acuity: Clerical, professional, administrative.
- Environmental Conditions: Inside environmental conditions (office, labs, hospitals, facilities) which consist of noise, and hazards.
- Required to travel by airplane and automobile for meetings and training as necessary.
Interaction with Other Employees:
- Interactions will consist of face-to-face meetings, telephone, email, Web X meetings and presentations, as well as other electronic means as necessary with sales, service/support personnel, operations, finance, management, cross-divisional personnel, and vendor representatives.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Demonstrated success in a Customer facing position
- Ability to quickly learn and work in multiple computer systems
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.